another pricing question

How small is small....If your talking about a 24 x 24 then your it might a bit high for my normal price per square inch...because I old charge was about 2.5 cents and that would be about $14.50, but then I don't charge a loading fee or have a min. If they are use to a min. fee of $30.00 then charge that. And of course if its larger than my example then by all means charge more or whatever your fee is just don't give it away...

Each area is different so you are going to get different answers. And I've been out of touch for awhile...so just guessing here...

My minimum is also $50.00. I do get some who prefer that I quilt for them and don't mind the charge because it is time consuming to load the quilt and they like to piece and not quilt - so I am happy to help...but I have had some who are appaled that I would charge so much for something so small (which encourages them to do their own quilting and tells me that it would be best that way...)

I too have a $50 minimum. My custom starts at .03 but if I'm doing a lot of quilting in it then I go up to the next level or even my heirloom level. I made sure when I started this that I had a good price range. There are still times where I under quote but I get better and better at it. I won't give away my time for free. I just have too little of it as it is and if I'm going to work for free then I'll work on my own quilts!

Archived