I'm hitting the road...

Thanks everyone!! :) It was a wonderful time, indeed!! The place was filled with chatter and laughter the entire day. Each year, one of our guild girls brings the stuff to make cosmopolitan coctails, and she mixes up batches of it. We were sipping cosmos from these pretty long stemmed coctail glasses. So fun. And we revealed eachother's Secret Pals from the year and presents galore were given. It was at Marcia's brand new beautiful custom home in Delta Junction. They just finished building it this summer. It is absolutely a gorgeous home on approx 200 acres sitting on a hill. It looks like a chalet lodge -- you know the kind with the great room that has a huge prow window that goes up at least a 30 feet high ceiling and these huge windows that fill the entire prow and all you see are the gigantic moutains of Alaska Range filling the view through the windows. And the sunset behind the mountains was breathtaking. Gorgeous tile floors with radiant heat. Custom hardwood cabinets and granite counter tops throughout the kitchen. She even has a separate bidet in the master bathroom. :P A dream home for sure.

We're having our guild Valentine's Day tea party at her house, too. I have a special china tea cup to bring for sipping.

Marcia is one of my best customers and gives me lots of quilts to do for her. She's like my adopted mom. She even has a spare bedroom for me if I want to stay the night. I live about 85 miles away...

I love my guild girls.

That sounds great! :) I wish you a lot of further guild parties in that wonderful house with your quiltfriends :)

Maybe I can talk to Santa to send me a similar customer in Germany for christmas ... :D Maybe with such a house at the North Sea (I love the ocean) or better at the Lake of Constance where there is water and mountains ...

Hi Kerstin, Hey, I have been to Bodensee. My Swiss friend Teddy grew up in a town on that lake. He came to the states after the war and moved to Alaska in the 1950's. He is like an uncle to me and took me back there in 1990 to show me Europe. He bought us 1st class rail passes and we went all over in the train for about 4 weeks. I got to see parts of Switzerland, Germany, Austria and northern Italy while I was visiting. Even spent a few days in Ireland, London and Brussels.

Hi Shana, then you've seen some nice places in Europe. :)

I like the Bodensee very much and I try to visit it every year for a few days. This year I was in Radolfzell at the Bodensee Quilt Festival in May, it's one of the biggest in Germany with exhibitions and workshops at several places in the west of the lake. (big for Germany, not as impressive as your festivals in USA ;) ).

And in St. Gallen, an old town not far away from the Bodensee in Switzerland, there are often very good textile and quilt exhibitions.

Wish you happy quilting and a wonderful Christmas time

Archived