RulerMate Question

I have another question for those who use the RulerMate. The Rulermate came with my machine but I've never had it on. I noticed when I took off the two screws on the needle plate that there are two washers underneath each screw that keeps the needle plate above the thread cutter. They're supposed to be there based upon the APQS manual.

My question is: Do I need to have these two washers underneath the screws on the RulerMate also? Thanks...Mercedes

I have the ruler mate and yes, only for the thread cutter you need to keep the plexiglass plate and those washers on the four posts where the needle cutter is. The two screws and washers that go under the "old" needle plate are not needed -- if you switch to the Rulermate, put the old needle plate, two screws, and those washers in a little ziploc baggie and keep in a safe place.

Glad you got the right answers from Shana. From past experience :o I keep my four washers threaded on a big ol' safety pin, the four screws and a disk-shaped magnet all together in a zip-lock bag. I will tell you, tearing apart my DH's workshop looking for two (!) tiny washers cuz you lost them--not a pretty sight!!:P

If any of you ever lose one of those washers, just e-mail me and I'll drop replacements in the mail - especially since these kinds of things seem to happen on Friday nights, when APQS is closed up for the weekend!:P

And if you want to keep spares on hand, I will have my "spare parts kit" with me at the next Moxie Meeting.

Archived