NQR forgetting the basics

Why do we forget the most basic reason for DSM or LAM troubleshooting? I was putting binding on a quit yesterday and the thread kept "bird nesting" and sounded like the needle was hitting something. I hadn't used the DSM in awhile so I said, humm. I played with the tension, nothing, cleaned the bobbin area, nothing, checked ant cleanedv the bobbin race/hook, you guessed it still bird nesting, changed the needle, changed the bobbin case, just when I told hubby to take the 440 to the shop for retiming??? The light came on!!! I never tried rethreading the top, of which I never put the thread through the little arm that goes up and down. After several hours of frustration, the DSM sews like a Bernina. I've did the same thing with "gator" missed taking the thead over the "u" thingy. Errrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad:

I've had my machine since 1980 actually purchase on Sept 3rd. I found the sales receipt during the move. So I usually don't forget how to thread it because I done the same threading path for 30 years. Now, if I were to get a new machine...I would be in trouble:o I am thankful my machine is still going strong and if I could buy it again I would as it has never need a repair (knocking on wood).:D

oh, yea...and I blame it on not getting to use my machines very often. I always have an excuse!

I know this doesn't apply to you younger chicks, but I've finally admitted I'm not the sharpest tack in the box...never was, but age isn't helping anything either.

Anita

Archived