SR not working properly

Stitches are fine in all directions when I run manually. My SR is working back to front but will not stitch side to side. It began stitching the same small length stitches no matter where I set the length. Finally it quit moving side to side. I have adjusted the black wheel on the back encoder several times and it seems to make contact OK, but still does not work. No thread or lint there. SR does the same from front or back handles. I will call on Monday, but thought maybe someone might have a magic answer before then. I have a ton of applique to outline in a hurry! These things always happen on a weekend. BTW I have a Millie and I don't lean on the handles when I'm tired which I know can raise the back wheels and cause SR problems!

Sherry

Millie/CQ

First I would look for strings, and make sure that the black encoder wheels are where they need to be on the wheels. My bet would be strings. I didn't think I had any that I had missed until I changed my wheels and I was starting to have SR problems. So look for strings of thread.

It could be the encoder went bad or something in the circuitry. Also check the wireing. Unplug the plug that goes from the encoder (on the carriage- your side to side encoder) to the machine and re-plug. It can come loose over time. This has happened to me, but the symptoms were not the same as yours. It is probably a failure, which would have to wait for Amy or Christy, but it won't hurt to check the wires. :)

Sherry

My wifes SR stopped working side to side also. I found that the heat shrink tubing that stops the wires from flexing too much at the connectors had slid down the cable. When I looked close I found one of the wires had broken from one of the pins. I managed to remove the pin solder the wire to it and reinsert the pin in the connector. Then I taped the heat shrink in place with electrical tape.

Nigel

Archived