CL baptist giant template.

Michael or Beth I need your help. I always have trouble getting each new row as I advance linned up. I start with the top being basted onto back and batt. I use my channel locks to make sure it is on straight. BUT as I advance one side or the other is off by quite a bit. I also measure the template on the table and make sure that it the same all the way down the table. What am I doing wrong?!!!... Any advise would be wonderful.

Thanks, Nora

Hi,

Since the template is not moving, the quilt must be rolling up

unevenly, as said already. This is caused by uneven tension

on the quilt from the side tension ties. Or, from not attaching

evenly. Or, from uneven stretched canvas leaders. The last is the case with older machines and usually the reason for this problem.

You have to roll you leaders on tightly and evenly and then

check that the end is square to the take up roller when stretched

across to the take up roller.

This the best I can do. I am not a quilter!

:D

Cheers,

Michae

• 6 years later...

Yes. The quilt starts out perfectly in line.  By the 50" mark on the quilt the right side of the quilt when facing the machine is out by 1/2 inch or more.  The right side is not rolling up as tightly as the left side.  I resort to tightning up the right side by pushing objects up into the the take up roller to get the lines straight again.  Solution? 

Charlotte

Charlotte, it sounds like your leaders may be stretched out on the right side, or possibly are not straight.  There are a lot of posts on the forums about how to straighten your leaders.  If they are straight, but stretched on one side, I think you will need to replace them.

Please let us know what happens, and good luck to you!

Archived