Hooray tax season is over !! Quilt Fun begins !

It is Whaleys prepared for cotton white @ 95"wide (natural would give a creamier finished colour). Other cotton in the prepared for dyeing section or even wool would also work well...

I don't have the full dye range for retail yet but can get you a good deal as I get a discount! (dyes 1.5m square easily so can use 2 packs for a huge back but one pkt should be OK)Just let me know which colours and I'll get typing in Hungarian...!

post--1346190334423_thumb.gif

Loving those colours Linzi, lovely, I can just picture a top (amish style) in those block colours ! with lots of room for quilting.

I had a play today, and couldn't get on very well with cotton thread, but will try again another time. Lenni loves the poly though! ! ! I am loving it too! just doodled on plain cloth, bit of a mess really, but getting used to the movement of the machine OK.

Take care,

Janette

:P

Linzi

Looking forward to it !!

I even tried manual mode today with some success when I hit the right speed ! It feels great (smooth) in manual mode (and less noisy for hubby to endure the beep beep !!) I don't notice it too much as I am quilting, but Ian does ! I keep telling him "Build me a cabin and you won't have to worry about the beep !!!" :P

Janette

You may be able to buy bolts of extra wide backing from Winbourne fabrics who distribute Moda. They also sell a range of waddings. Jane (one of their reps) will be at the LAUK meeting in June. You could buy a bolt of light coloured fabric and then dye it. Dylon dyes also work very successfully.

Ikea sell a 54" wide fabric at aprox £2per m , very good for practising -black and cream.

Archived