Hooray tax season is over !! Quilt Fun begins !

I finally finished my final tax returns before the midnight deadline tonight !!!

Now I can really get to play on Lenni !! I have only had her since the 30 December and have been longing to get going properly !! She has been willing me to stop working on the tax returns and play with her instead :P

So tomorrow, I am loading a top and enjoying the day !!!:P

Good luck Penelopesfabric !!!

I know what you mean !! accountancy supports my sewing and quilting habit too !!!

If only I could be a full time quilter like some of the guys on here !!

Linzi

Yes I am finally able to play ! see you in a couple of weeks !

Yes Linzi, you have our dream job! To be able to quilt, teach quilting, sell quilting machines, give quilting classes !!

Maybe one day I will be able to give up the day job !!

I need to get loads of backing fabrics now though to keep up with the tops !!

I wonder where I can purchase at wholesale prices ????

I got my tax returns done early but am experiencing spells away from ppp because of breaks away to recharge my batteries for my "day job". Must admit its very hard to leave Millimae & can't wait to resume ppp.

Trying to decide when ppp ends & real quilting begins & when/if I'll ever be ready or confident enough to work on customer quilts.

Have fun Janette

Thanks Tracy. Will do. I always struggle with finding backing fabrics, I love putting flannel on the back, especially childrens quilts, and want to quilt this fairy top that I finished before Christmas, but want to get a flannel backing so am waiting til I get some. (I wish I lived in US as they have loads of choice over there !)

I bet you are looking forward to going to MQX with Linzi ! Have you ever been before?

Angie

Are you an accoutant too? well done for getting those returns in early (I was running late this year !) I do self employed and have a part time employment at accountancy firm, but juggling between the two is sometimes a problem. I also have spent lots of time sewing and quilting during the year too !! much more time quilting now though !!

How long have you had your Millimae? Hope it is going well. I am sure you will feel confident enough soon to do customer quilts too !! I want to do that too eventually.

Happy PPP'ing.

Janette:P

Last time I dyed in washing machine, I said never again because it left it stained burgundy !!!:P

I will check out your suggested shop too ! thanks.

I want some flannel backing for this one, I have found some natural colour quilters flannel but not sure what it is like, I bought some before online and wasn't that impressed with the quality, although that said it is on the back of our bed quilt and is cosy!

Ideally I would like some pink or lilac flannel to go with this fairy quilt ! (I know you cant see the back when it is on a bed but kids like to snuggle !!!) As always I will probably end up importing from US and waiting a couple of weeks.

More choice & cheaper !

:P He He, me an accountant, noooo. I only had my own to do, thank goodness for my Counselling/Psychosexual Therapy practice! Now you know why I often need to recharge my batteries:)

I've had Millimae since November & ppp when I can which isn't as much as I'd like. I hadn't planned to do customer quilts but have had several requests already & see it as something to help feed my quilting habit!

I'm going to MQX too & can't wait:)

Angie

It was just when you said tax returns (plural) that I thought you may be an accountant! LOL !!!

Sounds like your job is pretty stressful too !!

Quilting is such a good stress buster !!

Hope you get time for more ppp ing soon. February and March are always a bit quieter for me, so am glad I have Lenni all up and running nicely.

It is good that you are getting requests to quilt for others. Go for it !!

Janette

Janette, I'm using wonderful Hungarian dye that doesn't leave a trace. All you do is add salt and switch on the hot prog. Then I stick it in the tumble dryer - well, it IS Scotland!

It's probably full of lethal chemicals but the colours are fab - true and subtle. I just ordered 15 more colours for yurt panel backs.

Linzi

That sounds great, perhaps I should try some when I get a chance!! does it stay in the washing machine or do you run a cycle afterwards to clear it. I think I saw on your blog some of the dye colours. They did look nice, perhaps you could post some photos some time of your dyed fabrics?

I do like hand dyes, and have dabbled a bit here and there but not too much!

Janette

No need to rinse machine... because it is the hot prog it does a lot of rinsing anyway. I have decided that tumble drying is also good so I am zipping through ochre-y colours now. There are 58 cols altogether and I will use 30 colours at least for the yurt project. I'll scan in the colour chart to give you a rough idea... the only tricky thing when ordering is typing in Hungarian (but I don't add all the accents!)

post--13461903343726_thumb.jpg

Archived