Just got done frogging....need some ideas please!

Hi! I had a whole block done, then didn't like it,so frogged it. I know I want to do feathers in the big "star" but I'm stumped on what to do with the rest!! I just THOUGHT I knew what I wanted to do. I am also going to post a pic of a stencil . what do you think of that stencil with the feathers in the middle. And I am also open for other ideas for the big star if you all have any!! :) So, I'm going to post several pics of different parts of the quilt. Thank you all so much! linda

post--13461903470375_thumb.jpg

Linda--what a neat quilt--while the stencil looks really nice and fits well there--this quilt looks rather masculine to me--do you know if it is for a man or lady--that might make some difference in what designs you choose.

For a lady I like your stencil and some flowing soft feathers.

For a man I might do an arrow head or squared off feather and then some diagonal lines with a neat fill between some of them in the white areas of the big star.

Just some thoughts.

Linda--did a quick drawing for you--I think I drew the feathers going the wrong way--and I like your spine better--but this was just to show you what kind of feathers I was talking about.

I also would maybe come up with a different fill--stipple was just easy to draw this morning.

Have fun with it--nice graphic quilt!!

post--13461903503329_thumb.jpg

Archived