Shipping sewing head back to APQS

I was wondering if anybody on this forum had to ship back

their "sewing head" via UPS. I have the box. I just would like to hear about your experience and "how much" did you insurance

the machine for. I have left messages for APQS to call but was told "meeting".

Thank you. Either posting here or U2U would be appreciated.

UPDATE:

Because my machine is 12 weeks old and it has been a problem from day (1) UPS is going to get it here at the house.

Thank you for the replies. It's always good to hear from fellow APQS owners.

I paid approximately $120 to ship my Millie. The shipping cost wasn't a lot, and the insurance cost was about 2/3 to 3/4 of the total expense. You need to insure it for its value unless you are willing to bear the loss should anything happen to it. I checked the cost on line at the UPS web site, but when I got to the UPS location the actual cost was about $30 more.

I had no problem shipping mine back for servicing either. It went UPS both ways and came through just fine. I was also told by Amy not more than $1500 on insurance either so that is what I did too. I was surprised by the low amount but I did it. At least I now know why the lower amount of insurance from what Shannon posted.

When I shipped mine back to have QuiltGlide installed, I insured for the full value of the head. I'm not as worried about damage as I am about loss. We still have a table top floating out in UPS land somewhere! I think the shipping was about $54 and the insurance almost the same. It was going from Washington state to Iowa. It came back okay, but the box isn't very intact anymore!

Archived