NQR Olympics - Canada

Hey Darlene, it looks like it's really snowing in Vancover now that the Olympics is half over? Canada is kicking butt. The figure skater, who was honoring the memory of her mother was so emotional, I had tears in my eyes. I hope she medals. I love the winter Olympics now onto the Hockey games:cool::cool::cool:

Connie -

I watrched last night and I also loved the performance by Joannie. She just breaks your heart and inspires you all at the same time. I am keeping my fingers crossed for her to medal as well. What a wonderful tribute to her mother that would be.

Poor little thing.

I thought Joannie was amazing last night too. I am so amazed that she was able to pull off such a great performance under such horrendous circumstances.

My daughter is a figure skater, both in singles and synchronized, ending her career at the Canadians, so I do know the devotion and dedication that goes into the sport, and I was with my daughter every step of the way, as I'm sure Joannie's mother was too. The loss of her mother must be excruciating. I don't think it will really hit her full force until she is home and with her family.

She certainly has the love and support of the Canadian team, did you notice they were all there in full force, cheering loudly. It was quite a standing ovation.

I was so tired and had a headache (getting over a head cold) last night I went to bed at 9:00 PM so I missed the figure skating. I have been watching the winter olympics and it has been exciting in many ways. The women's ski cross event last night was exciting, too and Canada won! Although I am a USA girl, I have been rooting for Canada in many of the events. Go Canada! :)

Archived