Zippered leaders & softer clamps

As I know nothing at all about zip leaders I'm just wondering if any of you lovely people out there can tell me which are the best to buy for a Millenium, also is it possible to buy clamps that are not so hard to open & also have a wider gripper?

Just sorting my MQX wish list :)

Hope to catch up with some of you there.

Hi Angie,

I bought mine from Sue at http://www.longarmconnection.com, I don't know if she will be at MQX or not.

I have the same problem with my clamps. I use the elastic that the clamps are on and pin the free end to my quilt instead of using the clamp. The clamp just sits at the frame end so I can still use them if I need them.

Sue

Sue from Longarm Connection should be at MQX. It is on the vendor section of the MQX website.

There are clamps that are easier on your hand. I think they are available on the Kingmen Website. I don't know if they are the good ones or not. There are 2 kinds. One is not as good as the other. If you do a search of this site you may find the topic talked about. Good luck. I look forward to meeting you at MQX.

I ordered some Grip-Lite side clamps from Quilters Paradise and I LOVE them. The are easy to open and they cover a wide area. One of the best purchases for my longarm. I have a Gammil and they attach to the velcro on the ends perfectly. Here is their website address. www.quiltersparadiseesc.com

Shelia

Love, love my Grip Lites!!! I use two pair just like Heidi. I had a bad experience with the feather lites. The Grip Lites look like large snack bag clamps. I think there's only one company making the zippers and they are great if you have to change your quilts out a lot.

I purchased zippers from ebay and added them to a small canvas leader. You have to be sure to get the ones that separate. Sew one side of the zipper to the canvas leader on the roller and then just zip and unzip whenever you need them. (keep in mind that you need to get up to three sets (one for the backing, one for the pickup and one for the top) I got two zippers cuz i usually float the tops anyway.

Archived