George is arriving on Tuesday! WOW

momzilla

Hi Georges...I'm getting my brand new Georgia on Tuesday! I can hardly wait, but I've been waiting so long already, what's a few more days????

I'm guessing I'm going to be having quite a few questions coming up, and so I'll be in touch, for better and worse!

And now comes the jitters; will I be up to such a pro machine??? I've been working on a Juki 98 Q, (UGH, btw) and have pretty well mastered that technique.....but will all that I've learned there, translate to this machine, and how quickly??? HMMMMM....I guess these are some adventures waiting to happen!

Glad to be here, Lisel

Hi Lisel and welcome!

Your post didn't mention where you live but there are other George owners all over the country eager to assist and encourage you. I was proficient on my Bernina and Brother machines but did have a learning curve when George arrived. If you have ANY problems whatsoever, just post them here. There is a wealth of experience and knowledge on this forum and everyone is always very helpful. Once you have some finished pieces, please post them here. We all enjoy seeing the work of others. If you have a George-specific problem, please feel free to email me directly. Nancy in Tucson

Thanks everybody for the excitement, and encouragement! I know Liz Berg, who's studio is in Oakland. BTW, I'm from Berkeley, CA, and I actually went over to her studio to try George out. After about what seemed eternity, I managed to stop breaking the bobbin thread, and was off and cruising. And, actually enjoying the experience because of all the room it was giving me!

This weekend is our big guild biannual show, called Voices in Cloth. Perhaps thread is on top of the list??? and looking for all the other great quilting designs.

OH, I should add, that there is very little "traditional" about my quilting. :o

talk to you soon, and again, thanks for the welcome!

Lisel (pronounced lee-zil)

Archived