Wilcox & Gibbs - Mary Beth, Linda Stellar?

Well isn't that a great idea. Guess I'm going to have to get my handcrank W & G out and give this a try. This will make removal of the quilt from the leaders a zip! My handcrank boxes and attachments are way up high in my garage so I'll have to see if I can get someone to help me bring it down so I can check on the needles....Mercedes

Sorry, Kenna, I didn't see it. I contacted a lady that had several of these machines and uses them all the time. She said she keeps a piece of light sand paper next to her machine and when her needle is getting dull, she just uses the sandpaper on it lightly. My needle is probably that old too and fortunately my machine came with several spares...woo hoo!! They are nearly impossible to find.

I think I paid $1 each at Missouri Sewing Machine. The guy I talked to on the phone called them straw needles so they are pretty stout but at least are the right length. You could probably call them and see if they would mail you out some. No affiliation but have done business with them for years.

Phone Number

816 471 1276 or 800 257 4989

Address

Missouri Sewing Machine Company

1011 Truman Road,

Kansas City, MO 64106

Originally posted by Mary Beth

Really?? That's good....and handy.

I'm thinking of selling my machine. I have been using staples and haven't used my Wilcox & Gibbs in a while. It is such a cute machine....not sure I can part with it.

I thought it would be cool to own one seeing that I am from Wilcox!!! (they are cute!)

Archived