I need a 'pick-me-up'

WOW! KnotKnut (that is hard for me to type and remember by the way!)

I feel for you SOOO much! And yes, depression is something that needs to

be taken care of. Life is much better for me now too, that last baby messed

me up bigtime! 3 months on bed rest, induced for 2 1/2 days, born 4 weeks

early, had to stay in hospital 1 week, took her home at 3 lbs. 11 oz! She

will be 6 in Sept. but it all feels mentally like it just happened last month. As

for the first 3 months of her life, I don't remeber any of it.

It does help so much to talk about things - and we are all here for each

other - she will get her "comeupentence" spelling? You know what I mean..

I love Carons comment about "someone to Feed off of" - so Funny! I rented

a Vampire movie to watch tonight after the girls go to bed! I will think of

this story while watching it!

And yes - there is a computerized hook-up of APQS machines. Did you ask

that too? You can get the CompuQuilter

Which I would LOVE to have! Look on the website

or ask Myrna, she knows.

And as Tammie said get a good pair of boots! Open your

own shop again - you bet! I would come to your over hers

ANY day!

The paperwork came today from the lawyer of the 'dark side'. The lies are uncomprehensible. My husband is ready to kill someone! We realize that there will be no way to prove or disprove any of it, so we think we are going to chalk it up to experience and rise above. They HAVE returned with a larger amount...hardly worth stating...but my DH says if we keep up with this, he will be paying for more medications, more legal fees and my health will deteriorate and it just isn't worth it.

If I can just be done with it and have her out of my life, that may be the best I can do. I know people that have lost much more.

So...should I open my shop just around the corner?! ;)

Your terrific sense of humor and the love of your husband will pull you through this one. It's good that you recognized that you needed to get medical advice, too. Know that you have our prayers and good thoughts as well. I think your shop will be a fabulous and welcome place in your town. Don't hesitate to get it going! It's great that you are ready to end this chapter and move on to better things! Only look back when you need it to push you forward.

God bless you!

Patty

KnotKnut -

You are so funny! Good thing you can still laugh about all of this!!! I just

read that last post and thought of the movie "Hocus Pocus" with Bette

Midler..... where the one witch runs around saying:

"Amuck... Amuck...Amuck!!!!" Hey - invite them over to play? At that other

shop of course!

Hi,

Just my two cents worth. "Better living through modern chemistry" I think DOW used this at one time.:P Let the courts sort it out. Re-start your business and pretty soon, you'll be too busy to worry 'what's her name?' You'll notice my moto is "Quilting is my Therapy." I'm so busy between working a full time job and everyone wanting me to quilt, I never know whether I'm coming or going. Maybe there's some medication for that! I really hate it when I forget something important. Too much brain overload! (or not enough brain to hold it all):o

• 4 months later...

I just read this post, and it is so good that you received help and support.

Meds make life so much easier, my DH wouldn't be here if not for them. He is on 11 meds, 6 (I think) for his mental health, the rest for other stuff.

How are things going? I think it is horrible what she did but it will all work out, it's to bad we can't see how it will work it or be given a hint.

Ok...I'm back! Anyone for an update?

As a Christian, I couldn't go through with taking the partner to court. I figured that God is a better judge and he says to leave it in his hands...so I did. I wish I'd never been weak and started the lawyer thing...against my heart's judgement...anyway...

The lawyer got $2700 out of her and charged me $2400. :o LOL

Dontcha just hate lawyers...:)

God kept taking me to a verse in Habakkuk..."I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told." I could think of all kinds of solutions to this problem...but let me tell you what God had in mind...

In August I was messing around on Craigslist.com with a friend that was looking for a bookkeeping job. I came across an ad for a mobile home park that was looking for a management team. It was a park that my husband and I had lived in when our children were born. It is in the country...quiet and sweet. We applied and got the job (out of 60 applicants!) We sold our house...FINALLY...and moved to the manager's home at the park. We are now living debt free with absolutely no living expenses (we pay household and car insurance and buy our own food). It's like getting a $3000 raise in pay! My hubby still has his job nearby with all the benefits. We added our 1st grandchild to our family tree in October...life is beautiful again.

As for 'Fabric Heaven' in Oakdale, CA...they changed their name to 'Quilter's Cabin'. I have no idea if they are doing well or not...and I REALLY don't care. I still quilt at the rental place once a week but the manager job here at the park keeps me pretty busy. I don't believe I will ever open another consignment fabric shop...though it tugs at me often. I will settle down here after the holidays and work some more on my 'how-to' book on starting your own consignment fabric shop...there have been so many requests, thank you.

Please keep in touch...I'm sorry I've been too busy to keep up with these posts, but I do get notification when someone responds to my post.

Here's a little tidbit of information...the old clubhouse here at the park has been turned in to a nice sized studio apartment that rents for $500 a month, all utilities included. My husband says it would be a perfect sewing room and place to put a long-arm. It couldn't be retail space, but I could carry some backings/battings for purchase...what do you all think?:P

Love to hear from you...I'm smiling again...and on estrogen too! Happiness though pharmasuitcals! (SP?)

Guest Linda S

Oh Knotknut - it does my heart good to hear you sounding so happy! As they say, when God closes a door, he opens a window. I'm glad you got a wonderful window to walk through.

Linda

KnotKnut,

I haven't read through all the posts but I think I've read enough to conclude that I think your former business partner sounds like a covetious sociopath. If its any consolation to you or any of the readers on this forum who might feel alarmed by what happened, there is a great book you might want to read called The Sociopath Next Door by Martha Stout, Ph.D.

Take good care of yourself and remember to go for lots of long walks, the exercise will boost your serotonin levels which will lift your mood and help you manage the depression. You'll get better night sleeps and feel better faster. Green tea is also really great. For a really fun treat, try mixing organic green tea powder in hot steamy milk for a green tea latte, very soothing, relaxing and super great for getting lots of anti-oxidants.

Don't be too hard on yourself either when you look back at things in hindsight. This is a great time to be nurturing with yourself. Be compassionate towards your vulnerable side and remember you did the best you could under the circumstances. Nothing in life prepares us for dealing with a person like that. When you read this book you'll realize how cunning these people can be. It will also help teach you the 'warning signs' to keep you feeling safe in your business dealings.

Thanks for sharing your story and I'm glad you felt safe enough to reach out for support.

Kathy

Kathy...this is a common enough problem that there is a BOOK about it?! I'll definately check it out.

Whenever I get down on myself and think I failed, my husband points out that I didn't fail...I was successful! I was deceived by a conniving (sp?) bitch. (oh my...was that 'outloud'?) :o

thanks for your support!

Deb

Teresa, I'm still in Oakdale...just out in the country. Oakdale is a town of about $18,000 in the Central Valley of CA ... smack dab between San Francisco and Yosemite. By the way, how's your business doing? I still need to finish a quilt and get it off to you...how's January looking for you?

Deb

Archived