Hey Mary Beth

get this....I had a brillian idea this week. I can go all day without my cell phone ringing...like several days. My kids call me, my mom, and DH calls on his way home from work. How important is that? I said, out loud, that I don't really need a cell phone. All of these electronics can eat up time. I see people everyday spending hours messing with their GPS units and complaining because it took too long. So get a map!! What is wrong with people? :D Of course I won't go without my cell phone, my car might break down, then I would need my phone. I forgot to take it to work yesterday and I didn't even miss it. I think I need a deserted island in the middel of no where, then maybe I would appreciate electronics :D

I'm with you MB, I hate being dependent on these things, but I do try to carry my phone with me in my purse. you never know... I always keep it with me going down the stairs, I have 18 stairs to go in and out of my house and I've fallen (MB style) several times. I need to be able to call for help...

We didn't even have answering machines when I raised my boys, so I feel no pressure to answer each and every call... besides, I"m with Oprah! on the "no phone zone"!

Originally posted by Mary Beth

I see people everyday spending hours messing with their GPS units and complaining because it took too long. So get a map!! What is wrong with people?

Anybody else see some irony here? Don't you work for Garmin, MB???;)

And do we need to start a new thread for those of us attending MQS? Settle things like where and when to meet, ribbons, etc.

Archived