changing light bulb

I'm sure some of you have had to replace the bulb on your machine and some of you have replaced the regular bulb with a blacklight. This morning I was going to change my regular bulb for a blacklight but could not get the bulb out of the machine. What is the trick? I'm almost sure it has to twist to come out but which way does it twist, or does it even twist at all? Please help!!! Thanks, Crafttylady

To remove the bulb just rotate it (just like the big fixtures). Wal-Mart did have the black lights and Home Depot and Lowes carry the regular bulbs at about $5.00. They may also have the black light. There is nothing special about the bulb and in a pinch you can take the bulb out of the scanner on your computer, most of them use the same bulb.

Good Luck,

John

Thank you John for the info on the bulbs, you are always so helpful. I would have never guessed I could get them at my fav store, Home Depot. Mine has been flickering and going from dim to light and I wiggle the connection but that doesn't change things, so maybe the bulb is going out, my machine is 6 yrs old.

Thank you again,

Hester :cool:

P.S. It would be nice if all you people would update your profile with you location, it's nice to know.

I personally prefer NOT to use the light if I don't need it. I have the light on over the table in the room but rely on a side light that I have clamped to the side of the machine so show the 'relief' of my work. Sometimes I've matched the thread so well that I can't see where I've been and a direct, close ;light is the culprit. ;)

Originally posted by crafttlady

I'm sure some of you have had to replace the bulb on your machine and some of you have replaced the regular bulb with a blacklight. This morning I was going to change my regular bulb for a blacklight but could not get the bulb out of the machine. What is the trick? I'm almost sure it has to twist to come out but which way does it twist, or does it even twist at all? Please help!!! Thanks, Crafttylady

I'm having another problem with my light. The bulb burned out and I got a new one. Put it in and it burned out. Put another one in, and it burned out also. Just instantly on both of them. What could this problem be?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Trudy

Trudy:

Off the top of my head the things I would check are behind the front cover (with the speed meter). UNPLUG MACHINE POWER BEFORE PROCEEDING.........Remove the 4 screws and pull the cover forward. Behind the cover is a florescent light starter in a socket. Check the wiring on the socket for anything unusual. Remove the starter by twisting. Take your old starter to Home Depot or a hardware store and tell to give you one of these. I have never had one fail like this before. I have left a message at the factory to verify my diagnosis and if it is not correct I will repost.

John

Archived