Is there a way?

why why why isn't there a manual for our machines that let us know all these cool tricks? My Millie came with no manual other than the set up pone and the DVD by Dawn was out of date (recommended waxing the rails, Millie was not the newest one) and did not show all the basic things that one learns on this wonderful forum. I know that there is a beginner class offered ( i look forward to taking one when my new 2010 machine works as it should) but even then, goodness as a newbie I know I will have trouble remembering a 6 hour class in detail!

why why why isn't there a manual for our machines that let us know all these cool tricks? My Millie came with no manual other than the set up pone and the DVD by Dawn was out of date (recommended waxing the rails, Millie was not the newest one) and did not show all the basic things that one learns on this wonderful forum. I know that there is a beginner class offered ( i look forward to taking one when my new 2010 machine works as it should) but even then, goodness as a newbie I know I will have trouble remembering a 6 hour class in detail!

Guest Linda S

I got a manual when I took the maintenance class at MQX. Would it be that difficult for APQS to have that availalbe in PDF format on the website? I just looked for it and it's not there.

Guest Linda S

I got a manual when I took the maintenance class at MQX. Would it be that difficult for APQS to have that availalbe in PDF format on the website? I just looked for it and it's not there.

Wanted to add another handy tip;;; If you start SR with your needle in the down position, it will stop with needle down. Linda Rech told us that a long time ago and I never forgot that great advice. This tip works great especially when using the "suspend" mode in SR cuz the needle keeps the machine in position until you are ready to start again.

Wanted to add another handy tip;;; If you start SR with your needle in the down position, it will stop with needle down. Linda Rech told us that a long time ago and I never forgot that great advice. This tip works great especially when using the "suspend" mode in SR cuz the needle keeps the machine in position until you are ready to start again.

Originally posted by Jhend

If you click the clutch and the blue botton again, it will pause it and not move, then to get going again click the clutch and blue again.

Joann and Everyone who chimed in...thank you so much for sharing the secret of the clutch/blue button! It helped me tremendously today;);)

Originally posted by Jhend

If you click the clutch and the blue botton again, it will pause it and not move, then to get going again click the clutch and blue again.

Joann and Everyone who chimed in...thank you so much for sharing the secret of the clutch/blue button! It helped me tremendously today;);)

Yes this is a great thing to learn! I was in auto pilot on that clutch/blue button, sew, clutch blue button, sew, got to the end of my row, hit the blue button to stop, then the clutch/blue button to pull up my thread...NO! and then lots of cussing. And I did this more than once. Lesson learned, concentrate dummy, that yellow button is there for a reason!

I'm having a great time with this quilt though. For those of you who are not loving your machines yet, hang on. I had a really rough start and was starting to think I had made a big mistake but I'm now starting to feel the love and I believe it will happen for you too. A big part of it is the support from other quilters. I've never met one in person or on this board who wasn't willing to help and they are all willing to share all their knowledge....reach out if you need to, you'll be happy you did.

Yes this is a great thing to learn! I was in auto pilot on that clutch/blue button, sew, clutch blue button, sew, got to the end of my row, hit the blue button to stop, then the clutch/blue button to pull up my thread...NO! and then lots of cussing. And I did this more than once. Lesson learned, concentrate dummy, that yellow button is there for a reason!

I'm having a great time with this quilt though. For those of you who are not loving your machines yet, hang on. I had a really rough start and was starting to think I had made a big mistake but I'm now starting to feel the love and I believe it will happen for you too. A big part of it is the support from other quilters. I've never met one in person or on this board who wasn't willing to help and they are all willing to share all their knowledge....reach out if you need to, you'll be happy you did.

Carol/Ferrari, you should have received the full manual on CD with your machine, not just the video CD with Dawn. There are all sorts of beginner exercises mixed in with the manual, including the info about the clutch/blue button.

Carol/Ferrari, you should have received the full manual on CD with your machine, not just the video CD with Dawn. There are all sorts of beginner exercises mixed in with the manual, including the info about the clutch/blue button.

Archived