Happily froggin' away

Well, I finally decided I'd rather take a couple hours frogging than another minute doing the horrible quilting on that "weird" thing. was trying to do something the machine just isn't made for, and it was not working. So, I took Ferret's advice on education (thank you for that) and called the customer up to explain how she'd probably be much happier with another quilting design.

Spending the time to get to know the piecer a little better, I discovered that she & the grandson share a love of horses, and she is now eagerly looking forward to a "cowboy" panto. I don't often do pantos, but this was a last resort kind of thing, and it should help stabilize the stretchy material. Her quilt group has apparently gotten to her also, as she now wants it quilted all the way to the edge -- something she would probably NOT have called to tell be on her own. So, I am home free, or at least will be when I finish the frogging.

Thanks to everyone for your good advice and encouragement.

Well, I finally decided I'd rather take a couple hours frogging than another minute doing the horrible quilting on that "weird" thing. was trying to do something the machine just isn't made for, and it was not working. So, I took Ferret's advice on education (thank you for that) and called the customer up to explain how she'd probably be much happier with another quilting design.

Spending the time to get to know the piecer a little better, I discovered that she & the grandson share a love of horses, and she is now eagerly looking forward to a "cowboy" panto. I don't often do pantos, but this was a last resort kind of thing, and it should help stabilize the stretchy material. Her quilt group has apparently gotten to her also, as she now wants it quilted all the way to the edge -- something she would probably NOT have called to tell be on her own. So, I am home free, or at least will be when I finish the frogging.

Thanks to everyone for your good advice and encouragement.

My daughter started sewing when she was 5 and we had a deal. If she needed something riped out i'd do it for her just so she wouldn't get discouraged and stop sewing. She is now 32, lives in NY, works in fashion, now managing a cashmere store but still loves to sew. She can make anything from dog collars to christening dresses to wedding dresses but doesn't quilt. . . .yet. Someone will need to inherit my long arm! I guess what i'm saying is bring your froggin here.

Carreen

My daughter started sewing when she was 5 and we had a deal. If she needed something riped out i'd do it for her just so she wouldn't get discouraged and stop sewing. She is now 32, lives in NY, works in fashion, now managing a cashmere store but still loves to sew. She can make anything from dog collars to christening dresses to wedding dresses but doesn't quilt. . . .yet. Someone will need to inherit my long arm! I guess what i'm saying is bring your froggin here.

Carreen

Archived