fusible web

Not meaning to dispute anyone.. when I get a tacky, sticky on the needle, I keep the needle clean by using a drop of Sewers Aid and a piece of Tshirt to clean the gunk off, then I spray liberally, the areas giving the problem, a good shot of ( lolol, gosh, I want to say prednisone), :P:D:P silicone. it helps the needle penetrate.. I also used a 4.0 needle, smaller in diameter thus doesn't have to move as many of the woven threads to get thru.

Just my way of doing problem spots.. don't spray very far, just about a 3 or 6"area where you are working as it tends to disappear..

RitaR

Not meaning to dispute anyone.. when I get a tacky, sticky on the needle, I keep the needle clean by using a drop of Sewers Aid and a piece of Tshirt to clean the gunk off, then I spray liberally, the areas giving the problem, a good shot of ( lolol, gosh, I want to say prednisone), :P:D:P silicone. it helps the needle penetrate.. I also used a 4.0 needle, smaller in diameter thus doesn't have to move as many of the woven threads to get thru.

Just my way of doing problem spots.. don't spray very far, just about a 3 or 6"area where you are working as it tends to disappear..

RitaR

Originally posted by Brandy Rice

The 7 layers is a big eyeball for a dog that has been fused on this quilt top

a big eyeball? Seriously??? :o

Eewww! Double icky ewwwww! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

You want to risk screwing up your machine quilting through 7 layers of thick fused fabric that's like concrete for a dog quilt that is a giant eyeball? For real? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't do it Brandy. Turn and run far and fast.

Run Brandy RUN!!!

Originally posted by Brandy Rice

The 7 layers is a big eyeball for a dog that has been fused on this quilt top

a big eyeball? Seriously??? :o

Eewww! Double icky ewwwww! Ewwwwwwwwwwww!!!

You want to risk screwing up your machine quilting through 7 layers of thick fused fabric that's like concrete for a dog quilt that is a giant eyeball? For real? Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Don't do it Brandy. Turn and run far and fast.

Run Brandy RUN!!!

I am with Shana, OMG,,, icky stuff! 7 LAYERS???

I learned the hard way doing this once, knocked my machine out of time & yes those needles do hurt when they hit you!!!

TOTALLY not worth it in my opinion!

Maybe you could let her know that you'd be willing to do all the other "quiltable" area's & just let her know that it's not worth you or your machine getting hurt,, or her QUILT!!

These machines quilt a whole alot faster than a DSM with alot of risk for you, the machine & her quilt, so she'd be better off taking her time doing that part on HER machine.

I use to think I had to do every single solitary quilt that came through my front door,,, no more, its knowing what you can & can't do, they can chose. They do respect you when you speak from the heart! :)

I can't even begin to imagine the horror of tension let alone how long something like that would take!

Run away, voice of experience talking here!:(

I am with Shana, OMG,,, icky stuff! 7 LAYERS???

I learned the hard way doing this once, knocked my machine out of time & yes those needles do hurt when they hit you!!!

TOTALLY not worth it in my opinion!

Maybe you could let her know that you'd be willing to do all the other "quiltable" area's & just let her know that it's not worth you or your machine getting hurt,, or her QUILT!!

These machines quilt a whole alot faster than a DSM with alot of risk for you, the machine & her quilt, so she'd be better off taking her time doing that part on HER machine.

I use to think I had to do every single solitary quilt that came through my front door,,, no more, its knowing what you can & can't do, they can chose. They do respect you when you speak from the heart! :)

I can't even begin to imagine the horror of tension let alone how long something like that would take!

Run away, voice of experience talking here!:(

Originally posted by meg

Ok - i see. So if the needle broke, which it would be likely to do sewing thru 7 layers, not only would you have a broken needle, but also some possible machine damage cause it broke higher on the needle.

I'm learning! ;)

Meg - I think what Heidi was talking about is damage to the quilt too..... You can never stop your machine fast enough when a needle does break. It will still try to keep quilting..... with a needle broken higher-up you will have a much thicker and sharp broken thingy pounding through a quilt. Can leave a very nasty hole...... :(

Originally posted by meg

Ok - i see. So if the needle broke, which it would be likely to do sewing thru 7 layers, not only would you have a broken needle, but also some possible machine damage cause it broke higher on the needle.

I'm learning! ;)

Meg - I think what Heidi was talking about is damage to the quilt too..... You can never stop your machine fast enough when a needle does break. It will still try to keep quilting..... with a needle broken higher-up you will have a much thicker and sharp broken thingy pounding through a quilt. Can leave a very nasty hole...... :(

Archived