How would you quilt this?

Could do terry twist in the sashing. I think some type of fill would be nice like the others have suggested. You could do cross hatching but the block is pretty big. The border could to bead board, That would make it more traditional looking. I 'm sure you will make it quilting special on it!

Could do terry twist in the sashing. I think some type of fill would be nice like the others have suggested. You could do cross hatching but the block is pretty big. The border could to bead board, That would make it more traditional looking. I 'm sure you will make it quilting special on it!

Can you repeat some of the design elements from the applique as background. I'm thinking of the design on the blue that the background shows in (kind of like a fleur de lea) the blue design in the side. And then pick part of the red to use in those blocks. Or use them in opposite blocks from the applique that inspired them.

Can you repeat some of the design elements from the applique as background. I'm thinking of the design on the blue that the background shows in (kind of like a fleur de lea) the blue design in the side. And then pick part of the red to use in those blocks. Or use them in opposite blocks from the applique that inspired them.

Archived