Which digitalized designs do you use the most?

SKQuilts

Now it's time to add designs to my IQ... Please let me know which patterns are your favorites and of course which ones are your customers' favorites. I'm not sure where to start and really appreciate your help. Also, do you usually order sets or individual designs? Bunches of thanks!

Now it's time to add designs to my IQ... Please let me know which patterns are your favorites and of course which ones are your customers' favorites. I'm not sure where to start and really appreciate your help. Also, do you usually order sets or individual designs? Bunches of thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Should I purchase sets or individual designs? Is money well spent if I have borders, blocks, sashes etc. or would you recommend edge to edge? What abour p2p designs? Really appreciate your suggestions, I have a few customer quilts (very excited) but need to spend wisely. Thanks... oh, so far the request has been that I decide what to quilt so the customers are not guilding me yet. Thanks.

Initially, I would recommend relying on the 250+ completely free designs that come with your IQ until you know more about what you like and what your clients prefer. The only thing I'd buy are the digital files for your favorite pantos. For me, that was some of Kerwyn Emmerson's great pantos.

HTH!

If I were you, I'd take a hike over to onesongneedlearts.com. Her patterns are really on sale right now. You can get pantos for $3 and there are some beauties. You can get sets for less than you'd normally get a block. I have really loaded up on patterns and have actually spent very little.

Hey, it's me again. I finally checked my tablet to see my favorite pantos. Deb Geissler's Swirly Ribbons is so useful on any number if quilts. Darlene Epp has a great leaf pattern called Leafy Swirl allover. Vickie Malaski has a pattern called Circle Play that is great for kids quilts that isn't gender specific and I've used it for quilts needing an underwater theme. It's great on polka dot quilts and quilts using lots of circle fabric. Carmen's Roses from Onesong is a beautiful rose panto for a custom look. It takes quite awhile to stitch out but it is gorgeous. I'm very fond of Sweet Dreams' Virginia Flower. When you are ready for block designs, just ask. I've got some I just use over and over. Just ask my opinion, I'm very opinionated!

Thanks all, I have purchased a few from One Song. Just looking back... I was wondering if I should have purchased the sets. I am beginning to realize I cannot be prepared for every situation. So I am just going to chill.... thanks. Ill put this in my favorites to see how many were recommended that I have... Now off to chill.

• 3 weeks later...

Kristina,

There are many patterns on our site that you can buy in digital formats that include a PDF, WMF, DXF, & SVG files that are all scaleable in general graphics programs & can be printed off so that you can follow them with a laser rather than using them with a computerized system. We have several customers that have decided that they really want to add a computerized system but can't do it just yet or are waiting for delivery on a system but still want to buy patterns. They buy the digital versions so that they have the formats for a computerized system when they get one, but they can also use some of the formats that we include for printed patterns that they can just print from their home printer & tape together.

One of our favorite programs for doing this is free & can be downloaded from www.inkscape.org

I do recommend that customers look for a clear path to follow if they want to use the patterns with their laser, or plan on tracing them directly onto the quilt 'ala' wholecloth style, if they do not have a computerized system & plan on purchasing digital files.

Archived