Spirograph frustration

annaquilts

Help ! i cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong with the spirograph. I center, as instructions say, I put the base plate at 3 a clock, turn the pocket to the right side, put the pin in the correct hole, put the gear on the peg, and cannot get the gear to fit in the pocket to save my soul. I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong... What am I missing? Thanks for listening to my ranting, I sure hope someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Kristina, Heidi,

I checked to make sure I'm using the correct pocket, I put the peg in the hole and then put the gear on the peg. The gear is way too far away from the teeth on the reducer ring ...

I didn't lock the baseplate.... Do I doe that after I use the centering ring?

Thanks, Kristina,

i will try that. I must have missed that part of the directions.... It's almost 11:00 PM here, so I will wait until tomorrow to try this. I'm really tired tonight, I want to make sure I have my brain in gear before I attempt this again. I'll let you know if I'm successful, if not, Ill give you a call tomorrow. Thanks so much for helping me.

Position needle and set centring thingy in the centre , not in one of the side holes, like I have done on occasion

Tray, toggle, tighten ( knobs)

Needle up

Put pin in hole then jiggle gear into the pocket

Attach handle

Double check you tightened everything, else start again

Start cranking

Anna, I just got one a couple of weeks ago and I am the MOST direction challenged person you'll ever meet and I figured it out! (Only 2 phone calls). I love it and have been practicing and am going to get backing for a quilt that will lend itself perfectly to the spirograph. I am so pleased with this purchase!

Carreen

Archived