Yay, the beast is back online

It looks like Christy had my machine bang to rights. I have fitted the new hook assembly today (it was really quick and easy this time) and my beast seems to be happy again. The old hook really was not in good shape by the time I had finished the show work but I was able to carry on knowing the new one was on it's way to me.

I was also very impressed with the care taken on the customs declaration to make sure I only paid tax on the things I had bought.

A huge thank you to Christy (at least I hope I have that right, I am terrible with names)

Ferret

You are so imaginative. I loved your leather coat !! although I especially liked the dress ensemble !! I also spotted some lovely quilting on a chinese coin style quilt in the show with your quilting. The flower quilting and feathers in the coined area were really beautiful.

Silk wadding sounds very plush !! I have never tried it.

I love silk anyway, but it's very light. The leather coat takes nearly two hides and I don't need to add any more weight to it. Also as a kid I said I would get to the point where I would only wear leather and silk, this will be a step in the right direction.

Ferret

Leather and silk - why not. Is the next one going to be black too ? I would imagine it is very heavy to wear so silk is another good idea. I wish that I had seen it worn on Friday night at the fashion show event.

I was sorry to have missed you when I came on Sunday. You were busy with a class. I hope you had fun !!!

I did U2U you before the festival began, but I dont think it went because I had a funny message come up (I dont think I trust U2U'S)

Glad your machine is purring again though. Mine is feeling a little neglected at the moment, since my car accident I have not been able to use it much and I am really missing it. I am peicing something though at the moment (slowly with my neck hurting) and hope to quilt it very soon !!!

This one will be all black. All black quilting, black lining. It will be a wholecloth. The phoenix was a very positive answer to a very bad year. This years show has me yearning for the black blackety black version so I figure I'll make it for myself. This one won't be for any show, just for me.

Ferret

That sounds really nice. It will suit you for sure.

I would like to make something quilted for myself to wear at some point although mine wont be leather. not that I wouldnt like or wear it, just that I wouldn't like quilt it.

Sorry to hear you have been having a bad year. I had a bad one a couple of years ago, and a bad couple of months this year, plus our little hamster had to be put to sleep last night, so feeling sad about that :( and my 10 year old son Sam was distraught last night.

PS My husband is intriqued by the guitars in the background of your Avatar are they yours or Tets?

Thanks about our hamster, you are right, although small she was still a part of the family. It is so sad. (I cried too !)

You make the guitars then? my husband (Ian) plays guitar - bass guitar at the moment, although he is still learning, he learns alot online, as I do with quilting.

How many guitars have you made then? Another hidden talent. :)

Two and two halves. No that isn't quite the same as three, I haven't put the last one together. I concluded I enjoyed making them more than playing them.

I am planning on buying a drumkit with my winnings from FoQ, I like that a lot more. It's going to have to be an electronic kit to get it in the house so the neighbours should be able to live with it too.

Ferret

Yeah I know what you mean, I tried learning to play once, not good for the fingers !!! Drum kit sounds good though. Hope not too loud so that the neighbours bang on the walls though!!!!

Sam had a drum kit when he was younger until he decided to break it by bashing it with a video !! (it was a junior kit but I didnt miss the noise !!!:)

Glad to hear there are winnings to be earned at FOQ !! I know absolutely nothing about shows rules and regs.

Hey Ferret

Came round to see you 2 or 3 times at the show and each time you were deep in conversation with a group of hopefully prospective customers who I did not want to interrupt - so sorry about that. Hope you did well.

Continuing the guitar theme, when looking over my shoulder,Tim (being a player also) has often been intrigued by the array of guitars in your avatar. When I told him that you had in fact made some he wanted to know whether you went to a teacher or used a good book you might recommend. For ages he has hankered after building one himself but hasn't found a class that doesn't involve almost taking a sabbatical!

Archived