Desperate for ideas.. please?

Poor photos, so some of the palest colored blocks don't show. Will paint them later.. or color them later.

with so many circles.. do I do the ones in circles of some kind, and then do others so some should look further back and others, closer??

I'm just stumped and cant remember what I put on the dark green one I made.

I really do need help, please??

post--134619048308_thumb.jpg

Rita,

What a pretty quilt. What kind of quilting do you want on here? You could always do straight though the chain squares to create a grid, and then do a motif in the flower or feather variety in the resulting centers created by the grid that has the orange and blue in them. I would use the light center piece between the orange and blue as the center of my design and built it out from there.

As I look at it more, I now see the interlocking circles of orange and blue with the brown 9 patch in the center. It makes me think along the lines of Double Wedding Ring and you could use designs that would fit the DWR in this one. The center being the 9-patch and the melon shape on all four sides with the blue and orange on the edges.

What pattern is this? I might need to use it for the wedding quilt I need to make for my niece. I'll check back and see what you come up with. Good luck.

Thank you very much, Madelymn. That gives me lots of ideas to thread off of... I can now see the melons and centers of the rings, forming the wedding ring idea... any others... I don't off hand have the name of the pattern, might be able to get it from Ann for you. Will try this evening.

Thanks muches and bunches.. will see what happens.

Thanks Sandra, I thought it was pretty also... I'm just sort of disgruntled at having the one fabric too light. Working up close it looked fine, but not 5 feet away. Will color them a bit I think..

Thanks again Sandra and Madelyn, I truely appreciate it.

Hugs

Madelyn, I've not had a reply from Ann yet. Will shoot her another email and ask again. I know this week is full of Dr. appts.. she's always slow to read email on days/weeks like this. If she's not reading them, a second might not do any good. will try.

Hi, Rita,

I see the brown and white squares as blocks, then the area around them as sashing. Quilt a feather design in the "blocks", then a wavy design in the "sashing".

Forgive my drawing...I'm at work (shhh!) and don't have access to my tablet. But you should get the idea. :P

Be sure to share pictures when you finish this beauty!

post--13461904833812_thumb.jpg

Hi Rita.

That is a pretty and challenging quilt.

I see the brown sqares also and I see the orangey-red circle in the center. It is a 9-patch type layout, with the orangy-red circle in the center? If so perhaps you can do what Lisa E. suggests in the brown blocks, then something different in the center block. I like the ring that the orangey color makes, perhaps a feathery design radiating out from both sides of that orangey-red ring. And CC in the center broown patches. Wish I had a drawing tool!

Good luck, it will be beautiful what ever you decide!

Lisa

APQS Liberty

Circle Lord

NJ

Ok, I really am thankful for all the ideas, suggestions, and help.

Contrary to the photo, the quilt colors.. Orange is Definately dominant, then the blue/purple batic circles, and the browns pull all the other circles together in their own little blocks..

I'm hoping I have a heart wreath the right size, but am sure I don't.

Gradually as I find or see features that will look and not smear the look of the whole quilt I will use them.

Archived