My Houston Visit

Kenna,

It was great to finally meet up with you. My other friend is Ginny. We just got home tonight and we had a great time but it is good to be home. I need a few days to recover but something tells me that isn't going to happen. Mom is coming home on Tuesday and my brother decided he would go take care of all the stuff at my mothers home and pulled everything up and out of the way and dumped it in her spare bedroom :mad::mad::mad:. She can't even get in that room. She is so stressed out that her house is a wreak. I cleaned up those things that were truly in her way and was going to move other things as "we" decided it needed to be moved. Tomorrow I'll need to go over and see what kind of mess I have on my hands but according to my husband and daughter it is a mess. Makes me really mad since I spent over 4 hours the day before I left getting it ready for her. Oh well I'll deal with that tomorrow. Hopefully I can get the stuff in some kind of order before she comes home.

I tried the Bliss and was so tempted to buy. Have to convine hubby that it is a good buy. I did come home to my hydraullic lift installed and oh is it wonderful! Loving it.

Sandra - safe travels and I sure hope your tooth behaves. It was wonderful meeting up with you again! Sorry I missed almost all the others. We should have set up a meeting time. It was so crazy and crowded it probably would have been very difficult to do.

Everyone have safe and uneventful trips home or to your next stop. Blessing on each of you as you travel! I hope everyone who came had a good time and found things easy to negotiate at the show. I always find the machine quilting astaounding. The imagination that goes into producing these quilts and the inspiration gained is unbeatable. I think it's because the IQF is not just about machine quilting. It's about quilts period. The focus is on the quilt and technique, and choices made in that direction. The quilts span the gamut of everything quilts are and every aspect is represented. I think that maybe when a quilter is not under the gun for a machine quilting exibit that they are a little more relaxed with their designs and the ideas flow better, with amazing results.

I got out my catalog from last year and it seems it was a little more categorized for the vendor mall last year. I don't like the museum like diplays towrd the back of the show although I guess that is how the collection type displays should be shown. Who knows?

Heidi, Ginny! Thst's it! My apologies to Ginny, it was wonderful meeting her! (((HUGS)))! I'm sorry you had to get back to a mess, but I'm glad your Mother is getting to come home. I could probably take your brother, of course I'd have to cheat and use my cane on him....

I really enjoyed the show. Right now it is snowing here and I wish I was back in Houston. I got home safely. I didn't have to wait too long for my suitcase. It actually got to Albany without a problem.

Thanks to Heidi for bringing an additional nightgown and glad I didn't have to go to Macy's and spend my money on new clothes and suitcase and could spend it on thread, fabric, pantos instead.

Glad to meet you Kenna, and good seeing you again Sandra, sorry about your tooth and hope you can get to the dentist quickly and get it fixed.

It was a good show.

Thanks, Charlotte. I'm trying to get an appointment with a new dentist, as my dentist of about 40 years is starting to scare me. He's just getting too old. Since this was diagnosed as more than a cleaning and a simple filling type of job, I've decided to change now, or at least have this work done by someone with more up to date equipment, etc. My guy is looking like a shoe salesman these last few years...if you can visulize the hunched position - he's always bent way over, he has trouble seeing, and he rambles. Yep, time to look for someone else.

I'm glad you and your luggage got home safely. Heidi to the rescue with the extra jammies.

I had a great time, but I'm now home and doing the laundry. Some things never change. LOL

Wow what adeventures! Lancaster area is great! I love only about 1 1/2 hours from it! Wish I could go someday to the bigger shows, but for now will have to settle for the AQS show in Lancaster that I like!

Love to hear about what goes one at these other shows though - thanks for sharing!:)

Roseann,

I would like to go to Lancaster too. The show would be far closer to me and would be able to do the trip on a bus and it would be less hurry up and wait time.

The Houston show was great but I don't think that it is something I would like to attempt every year.

Charlotte,

I so agree with you. I think the Lancaster trip actually has more traditional quilts and I like that. Hopefully the venue has changed because that was a real downside to Lancaster year before last. I understand it was different this year. Carol is fantastic about getting everything lined up for us. We just show up. She stops at about 12 shops and our driver is awesome!

Archived