trying again...cross quilt

Oh, that is a pretty one!

Dense fill on the cross. Radiating lines going out from the cross just to that area with the green. From the greens out to the darkest--your choice of medium fill--CC's, swirls (my choice), medium McT type design. That last set of batik squares is different and so saturated--I think some parallel lines or crosshatching to make a frame. Then the last big border cries for some luscious custom design--running feathers or leaves in a medium color so they will show--green or purple to match the colors in the cross.

That's a yummy one--have fun!

Linda, Hi! thanks for the input! You are thinking the same ideas as I am..... When you say the last set of batiks.. do you mean just that last really dark row before the border or would you include those 2 darker swirley colored ones? that would be the last 3 borders?

I think just the last row before the black border. But all three rows of dark would work well to, especially with crosshatching through the corners of the squares--no marking! That would really set off the interior of the quilt.

Here's a thought about the radiating lines--use the point in the very center of the cross-intersection as the start of the lines--only for marking purposes. Start the lines at the edge of the cross outward, of course. If all the angles converge there it will make for easy marking and look very striking.

Can't wait to see this one finished!

You could do a large circle, with the center point of the cross intersection as the middle, encompassing all but the last square patch at each of the short legs. Then radiate out from there. To make it easier, you could do a simple arc within each of the square patches, rather than a perfect circle. For the radiating lines, you could mark straight lines with chalk and then do wavy quilting lines.

It would be pretty to use a multi-color Rainbows over the cross, such as #827 'Brass Band.'

Motifs of Christian symbols could be put in each corner of the quilt. Here's some ideas: boat, anchor, lighthouse, three fish (trinity), chalice & host, wheat & grapes, dove with olive branch, Pentecost flames, crown of thorns, candles, lamb, angel, star

Sandra, I thought about that...but I decided to use a "golden" color of King Tut. For the rest of it, I am using a verigated Isocor (sp?) I can't wait to use it! I think it is going to be very pretty on the batiks and the black!! I got it loaded tonight, but am going to wait till tomorrow to start quilting. I've been super cleaning today and I'm bushed!! :D

Archived