Wonderfil thread - any thoughts on it? Do you like for long arm/domestic?

I use Decobob in my bobbin all the time and it is great. I was told that the Decobob and Invisifil are the same thread, but Decobob is 80 wt and Invisafil is 100 wt. You can get about 120 yds on a bobbin with the Decobob and about 140 yds of Invisafil. I like to use the Invisifil instead of monofilament. You don't see it at all. I like the Decobob in the bobbin instead of Invisifil because I do like to see the thread a bit. I love both threads.

I also have used the Tuiti (variegated) and Konfetti (solid). They are 50 wt cotton. They have lots of nice variegated colours. I haven't tried their heavier threads yet. Oh, and their thread cards are free!

With the ones I've tried, I've liked them all. You can get it wholesale in British Columbia Canada if you have a business license.

Forgot to say in my earlier message last night that I also use Invisafil thread for machine quilting. My favourite as was recommended by our distributor is tan IF.464. Its seems to take on what ever colour fabric you are sewing. Much better to use than nylon filament.

Recently I made a quilt for my niece using a yellow fairy panel in the centre and used this Invisafil. It looked great as it covered creams, yellows, greens and browns, so no need to change threads when using this colour.

I heartily recommend this

Yvonne

Archived