swallows as a pdf file

I have been experimenting trying to get the rotary cutting directions in a pdf. I could not export them as a pdf so I downloaded a vitural "pdf printer". I may have to do a little adjusting on the size.

One caution about rotary cutting instruction in EQ programs. EQ "rounds up"; therefore, pieces are not exact. I would do a practice piece before I would cut out an entire quilt.

On this project I would still suggest using templates because of accuracy.

This is for a 10 inch block.

swallows.pdf

Thanks everybody!

Lisa, I did not design it. It was a subject on here and Julia started drafting it in EQ. I just finished it up and then figured out how to do the pdf. Of course I had to call my friend that knows everything and anything about EQ.

Madelyn, if you want a different size let me know.

Meg, you rock too!!

I think this would be great as a large, one block quilt! I might try it that way.

Sandra

Madelyn,

Here is one I did about 3 years ago. Please excuse the quilting. This was my practice after a Victorian Feathers class with Karen McTavish. The quilt is about 60 inches square. It is Dove in the Window. I saw the original quilt in a book about vintage quilts. The original blocks were about 17". I love this quilt -- even tho I am very critical of the quilting. When I look at it I feel very peaceful.

post--13461905028375_thumb.jpg

Sandra, would you be able to get the directions to me for your Dove in the Window? I saw a smaller one and liked the name and the mental concept that it gives for this situation. Micayla will be home this weekend so I will show her the options and we will see what works. The husband of this mom (also the boyfriend's dad!!) is a pastor, so I really like the Dove idea.

I promise, no laughing at the quilting. You will notice that I don't post many close-ups of some of mine either.

Micayla really likes your Dove in the window, so I think we will make that as the top, and on the back incorporate a couple of crossword puzzles since Evalie likes doing them. We created one with the family names and the clues are the meaning of the name, or the birthday of the kids, favorite daughter-in-law (she only has one!), etc. The second one is single uplifting words, peace, strength, joy, comfort, etc. and then Bible references with those words and thoughts in them. I hope she enjoys them!.

Sandra, many thanks for the pattern. I didn't plan to make this one anytime soon, but since it's 10" I think I will make it in a scrappy form. Would be a nice one for QoV..

pastels, brights, scrappy, theme, there are so many ways to change the look around, totally, without much effort..

Thanks, again.

Archived