Great customers

I've had some less than great customers recently, including the "tell me how you would do it so I can do it myself' option. I've just got off the phone with a very different sort of customer. She was booking her quilt in for January, to be done by March. Very laid back, no pressure at all. Lovely. She had spoken to me a while ago about this quilt, but was delayed getting back to me because of the radio therapy making her feel really ill! No the prognosis isn't great, but she has no intention of jumping any queue or pressuring me. How sweet is that?

Why is it the people with the best reason to ask for a favour are the ones least likely to do it?

Something to think about when that next 'Why can't you just fit me in before Christmas' comes in.

Ferret

True, I would be tempted to just put her ahead in line anyway!!! Just to reward her for her nice attitude!

I've decided that as of right now, I have one charity to finish up and four christmas quilts and I am not taking anything else before Christmas that has to be done by Christmas....less stress that way! I plan to enjoy my Christmas!

Funnily enough, her quilt will get done somewhat quicker than she is expecting :) It will also get home quicker too ;) I will happily rush a quilt through for a good reason, and frankly short lifespan is a great reason to need things done NOW. When I have been asked directly to help out in this situation the people asking are always so polite and very apologetic. Amazing.

I just love working with these customers.

Ferret

Ferret,

Not only are you a wonderful quilter, you are a good person as well. Polite people do deserve to be 'rewarded' when possible; you are so correct that this is the kind of situation where changing the order in the queue is a good thing. Your artwork on this customer's quilt will bring her great joy.

Lynn

Thank you for reminding us that the good customers far outweigh the bad. I guess we are so shocked sometimes at what people say/do we have to share if only for validation and comic relief!

Those nice ones make it easy for us to extend ourselves a bit--and I'm so glad to read that your special customer will get her quilt sooner than she expects.

Archived