CFL-Canadian Football League

Okay, so if there is any Roughrider Fans on this blog, I just have to say . . . GO RIDERS!!!!! Hubby and I have tickets to the game, we want to see the Riders win this year and not give it away to Montreal.

If anyone is coming to the game, welcome to Edmonton. It will be warmer by next Sunday . . . -22 today, without the wind chill! (celsius!)

Anyway, Go Riders!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelongarm

Artistic Quilt Designs

I grew up in Calgary and naturally rooted for the Stampeders. Then moved to BC and became a BIG Lions fan. BUT, if BC doesn't/can't/won't win :mad:, then my support goes to the Roughriders. That team has always had HEART! We will be cheering them onto victory next Sunday.

Maybe you could lug along a battery and wrap up in an electric blanket. Brrr..............!! I remember those cold, prairie winters. Even the dogs didn't like them! LOL

post--13461905073311_thumb.gif

Go Riders! I think the Riders have the best fans in the league!

Our Bombers bombed, but we still love the game and the west!

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

Canada has a football?

I have a feeling I'm gonna pay for this----LOL--Dave B.

(Grasshopper, we play REAL football! Not to worry though, we think it's hilarious that Americans play hockey. LOL! Have you ever heard of curling?? :P:P:P:P)

Oh yes!!!.... I live in "Riderville" LOL, and Linda is right! We have the best fans in the CFL! The ones that paint their bodies green, wear watermelons on their heads, and sit in the stadium in the freezing cold and snow without wearing a shirt! (Did you watch the game yesterday Linda?? see those fans bearing their green chests?? brrrrrrrr ....LOL)

Grasshopper.... I agree with Linda again... we play "REAL" football! :P:P:P....in the snow... our boys are tough cookies! :D

GO GO GO RIDERS!!!

I'm trying to remember the last time I was in Canada. I think you guys do get a little wind out of Green Bay over there, somewhere by Superior, I think its just a few miles from the lake. Wisconsin is home to the U.S.A curling team, cool eh? Hockey, one of our guys chipped a puck hard and it went out of sight, later was seen being played with by a couple of polar bears, are those Canadians??? I'm just digging further and further. With my luck I'll quit now--just for my own safety!!

You all have fun and stay warm,, Dave B

Yes, Dave, there is football in Canada, and is FAR superior to the NFL. I grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan, but once I married a Canadian, I was hooked on the CFL. Google Riderville and you will see the BEST fans, ever. I think I heard today on the radio there are 500 fans coming on chartered buses. It is lots of fun!

Oh, by the way, Canada also has hockey, (2 golds at the last Oympics, both men and women's), curling, (gold), snowboarding, etc, etc, and lots more!!!

We are supposd to be close to 0 for Sat and Sun, so will be great for the parade Sat, and the game starts at 4:30 Sunday.

Winnipeg is my best friend's team, and we have cheered for BC when we lived in Victoria, but always remain loyal to the Riders!

GO RIDERS!!!

Joanne Flamand, aka wannabelonagarm

Artistic Quilt Design

Vikings Oh my goodness! We don't get any game stats or anything down here from the CFL. Truthfully speaking, I really didn't know they even had Pro ball until this thread. The Vikings are the Packers # 1 nemesis. The jokes I could tell about them, I suppose they can do the same. Don't get too cold and have a great day. Was trying to be an agitator and have some fun! Thanx--Grasshopper

Maybe we should make them some quilts with letters so they wouldn't have to get so cold--LOL

Archived