skipping stitches

Catherine,

If the skipped stitches happen with both the regulator and non-regulated mode, the cause is typically a "timing" issue. You can review the timing in your manual in the Appendix section. It will step you through the process to verify the needle depth, hook rotation and clearance, and hook retaining finger placement. The clanking sound may be the timing relationship.

Be sure to check timing with a new needle inserted fully (sometimes the skipped stitches can simply be caused by a needle not in all the way) :).

If the stitches skip only in regulator mode, then check the encoder wheel contact with each larger wheel (on Millies and Freedom SRs) or the wheels' contact with the carriage or rail (on Lenni's).

Let us know how it's going!

Catherine, I'll come help you retime your Millie!! :P:P I'm less than an hour from SeaTac for the weekend, so the flight'll be cheaper than from Spokane...;)

Truly, timing isn't really hard, just tedious, in a kind of "pat your head, rub your tummy" kind of way. Call me on my cell if you need any advice. Sounds like you've got it handled, though!

I tightened that thingy behind the bobbin case (you know, I am so good with technical terms!), & I think it worked, the machine seems to be working fine now & not making so much noise. I fear this will be an ongoing problem with my MaryAnn; the first time I had to do it (with Amy's phone support) I could NOT loosen the bolt to allow me to do it; had to call in the yard man, who is very young & strong, & it took him 1/2 an hour, it was so tight. What Barb would call beyond-he-man tight. I have not been able to tighten it up like that again, so I fear it will come loose again, but at least now I can fix it.

Yes Barb, come on over. You will soon have another customer here. One of my quilting students bought a Juki mid-arm, & asked me for lessons. I give them to her on my Milli, & she immediatly sent back the Juki & bought a Milli of her own. It is supposed to come next week. She's posting here under her business name, Hitomi, & I think she will become a very good quilter, so there will be another excuse for you to come. We will need on-site maintenance at least once a year. You're our local rep, it's your obligation!

Archived