Quilt Labels

How do you make your quilt labels? I'm looking for ways to make labels using my computer. At guild meetings I see so many beautiful labels and would like to know how it is done.

These labels have borders and images and beautiful fonts.

They are just as wonderful to see as the quilts they adorn.

Thanks,

Carol

You can use any of the graphics program. like Print Shop or Print Master You print the lable on fabric that is treated and ironed to freezer paper or you can purchase fabric sheets ready to go.

I did that for years but now I emborider them on my Bernina after I design them on the PC. Good luck!

I make mine on an embroidery machine. However, there's lots of programs out there for printing your labels on fabric sheets. You need to re-enforce the fabric sheet to put through the ink jet printer. You can use many programs provide with your computer software to design the labels, i.e. paint, microsoft word, publisher, etc.

I sometimes embroider the labels, but mostly now use my computer and printer. I use Printed Treasures fabrics and sometimes I use the fancier pictures and/or borders, but mostly I've been using just black lettering with no pictures and after I print the label, I sew one or two narrow borders around it using fabric from the quilt that was left over. Actually, I've only done this with my own quilted gifts and with quilts I've pieced and quilted for customers, so I had scraps of their fabrics already.

I am considering offering the Printed Treasure labels as part of my business. Maybe the embroidered labels, as well.

When I did the entire quilt for several people, I gave them the label as a bonus.

If I quilt for someone, would it be a nice gesture to offer to do a Printed Treasures label for free, if they would like one? Or do you think this is giving away too much?

If I offered to print one and charge for the label, what would you suggest. I'm thinking of 2 to a sheet. What about a price for embroidered labels?

Archived