Machine Adjustment

I have an Ult2, and the machine head is not plumb with the table (it's not perfectly perpendicular to the table top-leans to the right) Is there an adjustment to bring the head plumb? Don't see anything in the owners manual on such an adjustment. The 4 wheels properly contact the carriage so that's not a problem. Any help is appreciated, Thanks. Jim

Thanks for the suggestions. The problem is with the machine, not the "trolley". Shimming the wheels doesn't seem possible. It appears that the wheel axle goes completely through the machine. When I turn it on one side it also turns on the other. The machine only leans about 1/2" out of vertical top to bottom, but I can't believe APQS made it that way, and that there isn't an adjustment to correct it. Gammills have an acentric on the axle of both front wheels to make such an adjustment. Jim

Hi Jim,

Your U-II has rubber grommetts or washers that the axles go through right at the side of the machine, if those washers are wearing out, you will have quite a bit of wobble or your axles won't sit horizontal. If you grab your machine front handles and rock it there shouldn't be much movement at all; watch down by the axles and see if there is a lot of movement at those rubber washers, if so then they can be replaced pretty easily! Hope that helps! :)

Archived