Considering selling my Milli

Hello,

I bought my Millenium in 2008. I may have to sell it because I am moving overseas. I am not sure how much room I will have for a 14 foot table. I am considering buying a George because it has smaller table. I am not sure I like standing to quilt.

I bought the machine initially because I thought I would like to have a quilting business. I decided not to do that right now for various reasons. So the machine has been gently used over the last 3 years. I have quilted about a dozen quilts.

It is in good working order. I purchased the machine for $16,000.

I am asking $12,000 for the machine.

I live in the Maryland close to Washington, DC. I would like for the interested party to pick up the machine.

However, I will consider shipping the machine if the buyer is unable to pick up.

Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Cherlyn

Cherlyn, so sorry to hear that you might sell your Millie. George is a great machine also, check out the George forum on here. You might also want to consider asking APQS if you can trade in your Millie for the George? However, you would have to ship the Millie to the plant in Iowa.

The price you're asking is a super deal for someone.

You may want to list what comes with the machine, i.e. fabric advance, base expander, upgrades, etc.

May be interested in your used Millenium. Live in MD. Work in DC. When will you decide if you are selling or not? Husband may also be contacting you regarding purchase. This is a new - possible - investment. I've quilted (actually designed and made quilt tops --- had churches hand quilt tops --- or sent others out to be machine quilted). Am trying to decide if I want to quilt my own. Looked at new machines recently. VERY nice! Voice mail at 610-262-6609 (not in the MD/DC area --- but is answered each day).

Hi Connie

Thanks for your post.

I have a basic machine with a stitch regulator and fabric advance. I did not purchase any upgrades because I have not found a need to.

If I cannot sell it, I will consider talking to APQS about a trade in. I would rather not ship it if I do not have to.

Cherlyn

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you get the machine that you would like and sell what you have.

I have a George. His table isn't very big when all the leaves are folded down, it is about 20 x 50 at that point. The leaves are great when you do have a larger project, or are wanting a good cutting space or to hold the many pieces for a project that need to be kept in order.

The way my George is constructed I think you would want his base table, he has a couple screws to hold him in place and the acrylic insert to give you a good surface to work on.

Hope all goes well for you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am still trying to sell my 2007 Millie. It has a 14 foot table, stitch regulator, lazor light, manuel, etc.

The machine has been lightly used in the past 3 years. I purchased the machine new in 2008.

I hate to part with my machine however, I am moving overseas for a couple of years. I do not want to leave it in storage for that long.

It needs a good home.

Let me know if you are interested. I can send you pictures by email.

My email address is semedo2000@yahoo.com. Call me on my cell 240 602-6193.:):)

Libby,

I have the box for the sewing machine. The issue is the other pieces. When I had it shipped to me, the Fed Ex delivery man was reluctant to deliver it to my condo because I did not have a garage. So I am trying to avoid shipping if I can.

I will ship if I have no other choice.

Cherlyn

I am betting you will have to ship. I just bought a Freedom from a private party and she lived many states away from me. She called several freight companies and they gave her quotes. Mine is now being shipped from APQS and they have used ABF this time. Once before they used Fex Ex Freight. You might could get the APQS rate from either of these companies since it is an APQS item. They can probably sell you the boxes if you still have the "head" box. It is a headache but do-able.

Hi Sylvia,

I do have the head box. I do not think the rest of it comes in boxes. I remember it came in pieces. Fed Ex was the shipper. They dilivered it in a big tractor trailer. I do not think that was necessary though.

I may call APQS to check with them about how to go about shipping the machine.

Cherlyn

Cherlyn,

If you do a search you'll find how to put photos on. I don't think you need them, just edit your original message to include shipping. There's a little edit button in the top right hand corner of your message. Click it and change your message. Keep checking and sending your message back to the top every week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived