New Name for Millie

so I think my Millie is gonna have a name change.... Queen of the Nile.... or better yet, Queen of "Denial".... cuz she doesn't wanna play nice with King Tut! :P

thought I had it all covered.... thread net, sewer's aid on the cone, wad of batting in thread guide above the cone, 2 holes in the thread guide instead of all three, new size 4 needle, loosey goosey tension, quilt sandwich loose, no burrs, slow waaaay down, 10 SPI, So Fine in bobbin.... what more could she want??!

not giving up though.... I'm off to check all the past threads about KT advice.... :D

Sharon,

Are you sure the problem is with the machine, and not the spool of thread? I'm only asking this because I have had problems with King Tut, which turned out to be knots in the thread. I have never before seen knots in a spool of thread, but I have found several in spools of King Tut thread. It looks like where one line of thread ran out, and a new line was tied on, right in the middle of the spool. In more than 30 years of sewing, this was a first. I'm not likely to be buying any more of this particular thread.

Another Sharon

Thanks Barb... haven't been back at my "Queen" since I posted this... (crazy life), but I will give a 4.5 needle a try. I think I read one of Dawn C's posts where she suggested that gives nicer stitches. The 4.0 seems to be working fine... no thread breaks.... I just want the stitches to be "prettier" :o I'm pretty sure I just haven't found that sweet spot with the tension. This is my very first customer quilt, and I want those stitches to look better than "just acceptable" ;)

"Another" Sharon, Hi! nice to meet you! I have never used King Tut before.... too chicken to try! LOL... I've used Rainbows with no trouble, but couldn't find just the right color for this customer.... so King Tut it will be. I've only purchased 2 cones so far, and haven't noticed any knots yet... I hope I can work through this, it looks like such a lovely thread.

and Matt.... I've thought of a lot of names already :P.... for Millie and King Tut! LOL...

King Tut is one of my favorites and I have a whole drawer full of cones. It works like a dream for me and I don't seem to have to do anything special, just the right sized needle and good tension. Results are fantastic, especially on art quilts where the thread does a lot of talking for special affects. Spectacular appearance. I'm a huge King Tut fan. Could it be that I use Bob's Bobbins with it? That's So Fine thread I believe, all prewound. Good luck. Hope you get it to work well for you Sharon.

Vicki

Archived