I want to share with you some information about MQS 2007.

The Machine Quilters Showcase (MQS) will be JUNE 6 - 9 2007 at the Overland Park Convention Center, Overland Park, Kansas.

The theme this year is "Timeless Stars". It is exciting because it is based on the Kansas City Star Patterns published between 1939 and 1961. So the design and quilting possibilities are limitless from classic to art quilts. Let your imagination soar.

The Class and Event Catalogue will be mailed to IMQA members and the rgistered attendees of the 2005 and 2006 show by the end of October, 2006. The general public will be able to request catalogues beginning November 30, 2006. Please send your requests along with $2.00 to:

Machine Quilters Showcase PO Box 6647, Monona, WI 53716. If you have questions, please contact IMQA at

1-800-980-9505. Check out the IMQA site at www.imqa.org

See you at MQS in June.

I'm excited to hopefully meet you ladies at MQS. I'm usually hanging around the Volunteer Desk, since I'm in charge of that, so please stop by and say "Hi".

I thought about something else that you may not know about. If your are a member of IMQA you can apply for a Grant to be used to further your longarm education. The deadline is September 30, so there is not much time, but I would urge you to apply for it. You can use that money to take some classes at MQS or elsewhere. Then you have more to spend at the vendors!!!! Just go to www.imqa.org or 800-980-9505 to get information.

If you have questions, just give me a holler.

I'm really unhappy about the later date this year. I realize it was a booking problem, but it leaves me out in 2007. Hopefully by 2008 the dates will be back in May. I look forward to hearing about all of the new techniques and gadgets ....I'll miss going to the classes.

Cheryl in Iowa

I'm hoping to send that wholecloth around a bit. We'll see how it does at Innovations.

I think MQX and MQS are very similar -- nice big machine quilting shows with lots of great classes and vendors. Location is the biggest thing that separates them. Also, MQS is put on by the International Machine Quilters Association - a great organization for our profession. The produce the quarterly magazine, On Track.

Linda

Archived