help on posting photo

I know there are several threads about posting photos.. Can't seem to find them. Have a new camera and computer since I posted photos in the past. Am having no luck as the files are too big. Have compressed them in Microsoft phot manager but can't get them to attach. Any help is appreciated. Am giving up for awhile and going to quilt.

Jeri

The most simplest is to open your photo in Microsoft Paint and use the resize feature, you can either use the percentage, I would choose to reduce to about 30%, or choose pixels and change the size to something like 600x800.

Just make sure you save your photo under a different name, so as it keep the original one intact.

hope this helps.

I use a Mac so it might be different, but I open my picture, then under file go to export. When the window comes up I put it in JPEG format, medium size, and there is a second medium opportunity I click on (all in the same screen window. Then I save it to my desktop so I can find it. There also is an option for web size in the selections.

When I attach it to the post I want, I make sure that I don't preview it. Preview seems to remove it from the post instead of attaching it.

Hope something works well for you soon, cause I want to see the quilts you do!

Jeri - also make sure that you don't preview the picture or it won't come up at all. I use web shots to store pictures in, then bring up the picture there, go down on the right hand size to where you can change the size. I can post pics here by clicking on the largest of their format boxes, then highlight and copy 2nd choice for posting to a forum. Come back to your Topic or reply here and paste here. Don't preview - then click post. Maybe that will help.

Download your photos into your computer. Select the photos you want to post, Go to file and save as (JPEG) and you should have a screen that asks you what size, Mine has small, medium and large, I save as a JPEG, medium. I then save them in a file I have on my desktop (so I know where it is). Then when you post, choose the file you stored it in and click on the photo you want to post. I have an iphone, so I take the photo with my iphone and email it to myself. Then I drag the photo to my IPHOTO, select the photo I want to post and I go to FILE and export to the file I have on my desktop. Then when I am posting, I just click on the photo.

I love my iphone and MAC computer.

Archived