Need Help with Sampler Quilting Ideas

Ladies - I need your help again with ideas for quilting this sampler. I have a few ideas for some of the blocks, but not all. And I'm looking for a great design for the borders and sashings that would add a unifying element to tie it all together - and hopefully not involve turning it!

The real stumper is the block in the upper right corner. It done in counted cross-stitch on the regular Aida cloth, and framed with some strips of the regular cotton fabric. What is done with something like this? I'm tempted to just leave it alone and stitch in the border strips, but afraid it would just sit out there all by its lonesome with no quilting, then again, it just seems wrong to quilt in that space.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone can offer.

post--13461905475652_thumb.jpg

Your options for the embroidered block are to leave the aida cloth unstitched and have it sag when hung (it really does need some stitching), stitch a bit with matching thread just around the buggy (which may make your palms sweat since you are concerned about stitching on an open-weave like that), or -my favorite solution- don't stitch on it but strongly recommend that your customer use a matching thread and hand-stitch around the buggy.

Archived