Brown's Baby is Buzzing

I did a service call in Winnsboro Louisiana. The Brown's, Debbie and Johnny picked up a 5 year old Millie for a Christmas gift to themselves. We had to do some troubleshooting but after a call to my mentor Dave Jone, we fixed the problem. The Brown's now have a sweet Millie.

I must get on my soap box -- KEEP YOUR MACHINE CLEAN -- it will really help the second owner -- I cleaned things on that machine today that I didn't even know could get dirty!

I had to clean between the cogs. The the motor just sounded and felt sluggish. The flywheel would not turn smoothly. We had cleaned and lubricated everything I could think of. I called Dave and he instructed me to take off the back cover and check between the cogs -- where the belts are -- both top and bottom -- There was a lot of black gunk build up there -- first we tried to blow it out but it would not budge. We got a stiff brush and cleaned it -- I cleaned while someone else rotated the flywheel. After we brushed everything then I cleaned with air and we went back and picked up anything else with a cotton swap -- we got everything back together and I tuned the machine on as fast as it would go and quilted in manual mode -- well, you know how it feels when you -- "let go, let God"? Well that is what happened -- what a sweet sound! I will try to take pics later if I can get my studio warmed up enough --

Thanks girlfriends but I do not know everything by a long shot. I think I just know that there is a solution to every problem and where to look for answers. Maybe we could talk Dawn and Amy into doing some videos.

When Dave comes down here in the Spring maybe I can get him to help me and we can do a couple of U-Tube videos.

Since we are talking about black gunk from the back of the machine...

When my machine was still kinda new, I noticed some small black spray/marks on the floor under the back of my machine. I called the factory and they said it was the belt...made me worry but they said it is normal.

Well, years later I still see some...now Sandy you say that was all built up in a gunky mess in the Brown's machine. Should I be cleaning back there or something?? Now I'm worried!

Archived