where do you put the small thread spools

scq

Hi. I am about to start quilting w/ MonoPoly....I am fairly new at this and have never used small spools of thread before...only the large cones.

my stupid question of the day is: where do I put the small spool....on the front top spool holder or do I have to get one of those adapters? (on a millenium)

If you put it on the front - how do you thread the machine? why isn't this kind of stuff addressed in our manual?

thank you for all your good help!!

Unless you purchased the "Optional" small spool holder, you don't have a spool holder on the front of the Millenium. If you are referring to the silver post on the top front of the machine, that is the laser post for when you want to use the laser from the front of the machine.

It probably isn't addressed in the manual because the manual is a basic guide and not a "teaching tool". The small spools are options and the manual can't address every single thing we might come across as quilters.

If you don't have the optional small spool holder, you can still run small spools from the back.

Patty

My monopoly worked fine on the back for a while. but when it got farther down the spool it started to twist and break. My DH made me a spool holder for my girl, and this allows the monopoly spool to spin around and keeps the thread straight. I'd get the optional holder, or have someone make you one.

Beth

I have the Hartley Spool Holder and I have used that for spools but I also made myself a cone holder at the front of my machine.

I have a piece of scrap metal attached to the laser post that I have my snake light attached to and also rigged up a tall bar as a thread guide for cones at the front of the machine. I love being able to quickly change threads from the front.

sandy

Archived