the BEST notion for IQ

AHuffman

Who knew I'd find my new favorite IQ accessory notion at Babies R Us?

It is a Baby Monitor!

Now when IQ alerts me if I run out of bobbin or when I get to the end of a row of a panto, I will hear the beep! So many times I'll start a row and go upstairs to cook for my kidlets/help with homework, etc and I don't know when IQ is ready for me to advance the quilt.

Well.... now I know!

Hmmmm... now if I could just get IQ to do the dishes and the laundry life would be perfect! :)

I use a baby monitor too but not for IQ. My washer and dryer are out of earshot when I am in my sewing room. I bought myself a cheap baby monitor and solved that problem. No more running up and downstairs to check if the machine or dryer cycle has finished!

Sue

Originally posted by Gator

Vicky, I have IQ and love it. Anytime you're in VA Beach stop in and play.

Angie, I've had my IQ over a year and still a little to scared to wonder to far from it, LOL. The baby monitor is a great idea.

I'll leave the house with IQ running. The whole thing shuts down on a dime if the motors request a higher level of energy then the machine normally needs to move it left/right or front/back. That way, if the hopping foot gets caught in a popped seam, IQ will shut itself down right away. Plus, with the thread break sensor I know if will stop when it needs more thread.

And the best thing about this baby monitor? There aren't (in my case) three hungry mouths on the other end of it at 3 in the morning!

I rarely leave my machine unattended. I do sometimes though. I'm never FAR. Just a few steps. I usually am running back and forth between two systems running and so I lots of EXERCISE which I need no doubt.

I stop to go downstairs. Maybe I need more courage and a baby monitor. lol

Angela,

I saw it at Mid-Atlantic quilt show....and was very impressed....one day I hope to have one!

Funny, I never thought of using the baby monitor for anything other than babies...I bought one for when my grandbabies are here so I can hear them from upstairs when they are napping. I could also use it by the front door to hear the doorbell when I am expecting a customer to come by as old "Buddy" does not always hear the door either!

Originally posted by Primitive1

Angela,

I saw it at Mid-Atlantic quilt show....and was very impressed....one day I hope to have one!

Funny, I never thought of using the baby monitor for anything other than babies...I bought one for when my grandbabies are here so I can hear them from upstairs when they are napping. I could also use it by the front door to hear the doorbell when I am expecting a customer to come by as old "Buddy" does not always hear the door either!

Well, Vickie, you probably saw the IQ with me then! I was in the APQS booth with IQ. Lorraine and I were showing tons of people all the cool features. I wish I had connected your face with the forum. Next time, I will!

Originally posted by anniemueller

Ok, I really need to see how IQ works. Will there be an IQ presence at the HMQS show in Salt Lake this May?

Annie,

I found out that IQ will definitely be in the vendor area at HMQS! Plus, there are some very impressive IQ classes that will be taught at the show. Some day I'll get to that show so I can enjoy the classes too!

Archived