Again Many Thanks

A wonderful collection of blocks have arrived over these past few days from Cheryl V of Tualatin OR , Virginia P of Lenexa, KS and Elizabeth M of Hudson, MA

Thank you all for your contributions, the first 20 quilts are ready to go to Christchurch early next week. We are beavering away and still have many more to make with the lovely blocks you have sent.

Aroha

Yvonne

The only photos so far are the ones from our workday that Shana kindly put on for me on Sunday. I am hopeful that over the weekend I'll get some photos and send them.

I have an Apple Mac and I am not sure how one does that on one of these. I read just the other days the instructions for a PC but I just didn't have what was suggested.

Anybody out there who can help?

Yvonne

WOW! oh WOW! Vickie thats a humugous collection of quilt blocks and I have to thank you for being so thoughtful and inviting other quilters to contribute which is much appreciated. I will of course let you know when they arrive. I have to smile tho as here in NZ we call Thongs, Jandels which are very popular footwear in the summer.

I have just had a phone call tonight that a friend is driving to Christchurch in the morning and she will call early and will pick up the 18 quilts ready to go. The support from everyone is amazing.

Thank you again

Aroha

Yvonne

LOL, Yvonne, here in SW Florida we used to call them thongs, too, until the undies and swimsuits became popular! It made me smile when I saw them among the blocks and just had to group them up to take a picture. They were all made by the same quilter!

How wonderful that you have 18 quilts ready to go and a friend to deliver them! It is heartwarming to think of these quilts traveling to their new homes, wishing safe travels for all!

post--13461905815983_thumb.jpg

Today a parcel has arrived from Kathy C of Valley WA and Darlene P of Chewelah WA. Thank you both for the very nice blocks that arrived to day, they are much appreciated.

One of the things I do when each parcel arrives is look in my Rand McNally atlas for the towns and cities they have come from. An interesting exercise.

My spare bedroom is looking a little tidier after the first 18 quilts left early this morning.

Vickie , those flip flops or Jandels are so cute and I imagine a young girl will be delighted with a quilt made with these blocks.

Thanks again

Yvonne

Archived