Need quilting ideas

does she know that the blue star center top has a half triangle pieced in incorrectly. Sorry it just jumped out at me.

Love the colors. Freehand will be great on this one. I just recently purchased Nichole Webbs DVD's on freehand and the freehand designs you learn on this video are really good.

Be sure and post your finished quilt.

Good luck.

Me too...that broken star really stands out....I would ask her to fix that before its quilted. I have one of these on my pictures...I sewed simple lines down the light areas and free hand feathers in the stars with a bit of meandering in the backgrounds.

While I was at Innovations I purchased Darlene Epp's pocket guides. What a wonderful investment! Yesterday I quilted a quilt for a friend who lost her house to a fire last year. I found the perfect "flame" design in the pocket guide. I'd recommned looking through the guides and offering your customer a chance to look as well.

I'll be posting a picture of the latest quilt as soon as I get the binding sewn down.

Beth

Do you know, I didn't even see that half triangle myself. :( This lady is 86 yrs. young and does these quilts for her daughter. I don't suppose she will want to have it back to correct it, but I will offer to do it for her. Her tops are never perfect, but for her age, I think she does a terrific job. I have Darlene's books and did the "flame" on a quilt a while back. Turned out great. Thanks for your input. I think the spirals idea is great, that's just the kind of thing she likes.

Phyllis

I would check out Line Dancing (Diana Phillips) ideas for the light areas. This would help make the stars pop out. Easy to put in a petal in each point of the star. How about moving from a star to the blue square (continuous) with a background pattern or even just meandering in the blue square-then on to the next star. Change thread and do the light area with the Line Dancing.

Border could be flowers similar to those in the stars-freehand. I would SID around the border.

Archived