local LA challenge

Okay I think I got this one shrunk down. I usually do not change the bobbin thread as I don't like all the different threads on the back but thought I should do it to see what it would look like and so I can show clients what I mean by matching bobbin to top thread.

Sue, what a fantastic job. I also thought you had a Circle Lord or something like that. I still ahve trouble doin straight ruler work let along trying to go around a circle. I would probably stitch my finger to the quilt if I tried that:P

You should be very proud!!

Guest Linda S

Very nice Sue! The first time I looked, the pictures were so big, I couldn't really see. I like all the different motifs and you did a great job on executing them all. What a fun challenge to do.

Linda

Very nice - I LOVE that orange peel you did too - PERFECT! You did an

awesome job! Thanks for sharing the photos - oh and yes - your feathers

are great too! You should be able to "earn" those new bigger toys soon

with the work you are doing!!! Good job!

Sue,

I love the colors you chose for this quilt and the simplicity of the design. The orange peel (wine glass?) motif and the feathered star are my all time favorites! I also really like the way you used matching and then contrasting thread. Your stitches look sooooooo perfect, and I am in awe at the degree of precision in your quilting!

Kathy

Well ya'll make me feel so good! It is nice to have feedback from someone who knows what it involves. Yes I make marks to position everything. And use the newer iron off chalk, although I have never had to use the iron yet and this was a lot on solid black. I can't take credit for the top as pattern and fabric was decdied upon by the challenge committee.

Archived