I'm Going to Try This

If you are trying to post a picture....go to the file where your picture is and make your picture smaller (I always forget to do this). Then start a topic, type your message and then click on "Browse" in the little grey box at the bottom of this message. That will go to your files and then click on the picture you want to post. I have not figured out how to post more than one, sorry. Hope this helps.

When I hit the browse button the pictures come up from "my pictures" but the only options it gives me is "open." Something shows up in the box next to "browse" but it doesn't go anywhere. I send pictures all the time on e-mail and make them smaller, so I don't know what to try.:(:(

Any other suggestions?

Well, I give up. Need to figure out how to make my picture smaller before I start. When I send e-mails with pictures a box pops up asking me if I want to make the picture smaller which I do. Does anyone know how to go into "My Pictures" and make it smaller for this purpose. I tried making them smaller, but it still says it's too big. This is soooo frustrating. I'm sure it's something simple. I need a computer guru.

Okay, don't make it smaller, we can deal with that part. When you hit the Browse button your computer file should pop up - Then, usually your pictures go into a My Pictures file. Go to the file your pictures are in select the picture you want and the "address" should fill in the box next to Browse. Then post reply.

I think I have it.

Now I hope I have all three quilt tops pictured that I got for $1 each at a garage sale. Just looking for ideas on what to do. Bonnie has already given me some great ideas. Boy if this hasn't been a learning experience.

So this is the 3rd and last top.....I hope!!!:P:P:P:P:P:P

I'm so glad you got those pics posted....wow, you did a good job for $1, don't ya think!!

Ok, you asked about what to do and I think we all forgot about that part of the conversation. Back to that....

I'll let someone else tell ya, cause I'm not the creative one in the group:). I can tell you what I would do, if you are new at this, do a background filler in the white part around the applique, like stippling, McTavishing, or if you have Darlene Epps Pocket books find something in there that you like. I would still practice on muslin before I did it on your tops. Even though they were cheap, you still want them to look decent when you are done. I rarely stitch in applique, unless it is a big piece and it would benefit from the stitching. I don't know, I hold applique in reverence of some kind. That is just my thoughts, I'm sure you will get more ideas.

OH.....I love the flower one.....as Mary Beth said stipple, meander or some kinds of filler in the backgrounds (don't make it to tight), but I think I would do a little curl in each peddle coming from the center.

Like with the girls you will need to do something to staple the center of the flower down....go around each center and as you cross into the peddle do a curl and finish back where you started....with some simple design in the sashings and corner stones.

If you want to get rid of this one....I bid $4 dollars...:P

Hi,

Wow, what a great bargain you got.

For quilting, why not echo around the Sun Bonnet Sues. Try some ruler work, maybe some stitch in the ditch to get the practice. I recently had to quilt a top that had extensive applique. I just stitched over it where I wanted to with no difficulty. I would do some stitching in the flower applique.

Just remember, have some fun and if these are going to be your first practice pieces, don't expect them to be perfect.

Char

Wow Dian, I need some of those kinds of yard sales around here. You got wonderful bargains.

I recently did one for a customer that was the little overall boy (Sunbonnet Sue's friend). I outlined the boy and then used a loose stipple in the remainder of the block to fill it. On the Sunbonnet Sue's I would also add a little decoration to each one's dress and hat, making each one different. That would help stabilize them as well as add decoration.

The flower one is gorgeous. I've never seen one like it before. I'm with the others, I would do a little something in each flower petal and then fill behind the flowers with McTavishing or stippling.

I can't wait to see pictures of the finished projects.

Archived