it pays to level your table

anniemueller

After the Bliss upgrade, my Millie just would not stay parked on either end of the table. She drifted to the center with determination.

Finally got my DH to help me level the table again. Oh, what a difference that made!!:P:P

There's still a slight movement, some due to the short power cord length (are they available longer? I have a 12 foot table). And we think the table is slightly bowed down in the middle. DH wants to put a jack under the center. All in all, I'm a much happier camper today:cool:

Annie I bought a computer cord for my Millie years ago--the Millie had the annoying curly cords then that stuck on everything. Computer cords come in lots of different lengths. I would take my cord with you so you make sure that you have the right connection into the mahine.

I have mine plugged into a surge protector box that sits in the middle of my table on the floor. Handy for my undertable light and my iron when I need it.

Originally posted by Ardelle Kerr

So besides the machine not staying put, did it have any other adverse affects? Just curious....

Not that I could tell. I'm thinking about buying the IQ and I was concerned that the computer might not be able to keep the stitching aligned nicely if it had to overcome the machine's extra pull. Now I'm not worried about that anymore. Just need to find the $$$$:P

Originally posted by KarenH

Annie, how are you liking bliss? Do you notice a big difference?

Oh my gosh yes, I love the Bliss. It's a huge difference. Millie was good before, now she's as perfect as my hands can make her be.

I'm working on a McKenna Ryan quilt top right now. It's the first time I've done one on the long arm. It's such a breeze. I'm stitching around those tiny jagged applique points so easily. It's fun because now I have time to think about freehanding other things, like branches in the trees, while I'm stitching, I'm not focused so hard on turning the curves smoothly, it just happens.

Originally posted by jeri

Annie I bought a computer cord for my Millie years ago--the Millie had the annoying curly cords then that stuck on everything. Computer cords come in lots of different lengths. I would take my cord with you so you make sure that you have the right connection into the mahine.

I have mine plugged into a surge protector box that sits in the middle of my table on the floor. Handy for my undertable light and my iron when I need it.

I've got the surge protector in the middle under my table too. But the power cord drags it when I'm at the end of the table with Millie. I guess I need to add another extension.

I know what you mean about the slightest slope in the table. I just got my Bliss and even though I checked the level, it is so sensitive that now have to park the needle in the quilt or it will run away while I reposition my ruler. Otherwise, it is a dream!!!!!!!! My quilting curves are so improved, we won't talk about my body curves ;).

Bliss is awesome, love mine.

Now, IQ will be the next one, that will be an awesome combination. It is just a matter of convincing DH the advantages of IQ in my Quilting life. I have almost all of the money available now.

Corey

Annie:

I had the same issue with my 12' table and Millie when I put Bliss on. I talked to Dawn and she told me to go get and extension cord. I went to the local hardware store and bought a black appliance extension cord. It is the same thickness and weight as the cord on my machine. PROBLEM SOLVED!! Millie stays put.:)

I took the machine maintanence class at MQS a couple of weeks ago and they mentioned to be sure not to over tighten the tubes that go on the table. That what she will find is that during table assembly, it can be a common problem to overtighten the tubes and it can create a bow in the center.

It sounds like you may have just had cord trouble - going to that class really made me take a look at things when I got home

I have also thought of mountig my power strip on the wall about waist high...

Archived