looking to buy...

...a cream/white/off-white king size quilt top they would be willing to part with??

I need something in this neutral colorway for a wedding present. I want to quilt it myself. It can be a log cabin design, rail fence, simple squares, stars...etc. Doesn't matter to me. I only need it to be well pieced, king size and un-quilted.

anything like that sitting around in your closet that you would like to sell??

thanks in advance.

I've purchased raw silk from Dharma and made a wedding quilt wholecloth before. I use the same fabric for the angel baby quilt. You prewash it to make it real soft. I used a real intricate winding feather pattern (pantograph) from Ellen Munnich and it really turned out gorgeous. It's only forty five wide but the seams just disappear when quilted. Very luxurious and rich looking.

Kristina, I did this for my brother and sister-in-law recently. Marie didn't want anything pieced, just a solid piece of fabric with pretty quilting. The fabric is 108" backing fabric from Moda. It is wonderfully soft, and quilted up like a dream. My only issue was that I used a cream color backing on it and wished I had just used 2 pieces of the same fabric because of tension issues. Trying to keep the top thread from showing on the back and vice versa. Once I got my tension right, everything was great.

post--13461906570722_thumb.jpg

Hi Kristina,

The, Heather fabric in the photo is "park Avenue" by moda ; it is 108" wide . I have two bolts one is a pale cream and the other a greyish blue, both are beautiful. i can sell you whatever lenghths you need but i could'nt mail it off until Tuesday; you may be able to get some more locally if you are interested in a whole top quilt. good luck

Archived