Quilting an art quilt

Wow so glad you shared this I haven't seen any quilting like this in real life and always wondered how you went about it. One question I have is you say you spray in a box what type of box do you use? I can hardly wait to see the rest. So wish I could have gotten into this about 30 years ago.

Originally posted by Bonnie in Ok

Wow so glad you shared this I haven't seen any quilting like this in real life and always wondered how you went about it. One question I have is you say you spray in a box what type of box do you use? I can hardly wait to see the rest. So wish I could have gotten into this about 30 years ago.

Whatever I have lying around ;) At the moment I've been getting snacks in the post from a company called graze, they come in a box. So every few days I get a new box :) They aren't big but they are plentiful. It really does depend what I have, carrier bags got pressed into service for some of my other quilts.

Mostly with this sort of quilting I start where I can see what to do then work my way to the bits that are less obvious.

Ferret

This one uses the thickest cotton from the dream company. It is very thick and quite dense. Others have 80/20 or cotton in. It might be your quilt needs blocking or pressing to help it hold it's shape. Waves when hanging can also be caused by very dense quilting in just a few areas of the quilt. Which is why I am being careful how much I quilt the hair.

Ferret

It will be over 1m on a side :) It's bigger than I wanted but there is a show here that changed it's rules to make that the minimum size. I won't be pandering to it again. It is more or less the width of standard fabric so I would guess 50" - 60" Too big :)

legs are up :)

Ferret

Archived