Pokies happen...

After reading about Tracey's experience with pokies, I just checked the back of this quilt. It is pieced with two different fabrics, one is noticeably thinner and different from the other. In these pictures you can see that the pokies are worse in the flower fabric and not as bad in the polka dot fabric. This is Warm and Natural batting that my lady supplied, new needle, computer guided E2E. These pokies are not bad, but they are pokies just the same. I looked up after advancing the quilt after the first run and noticed the little white dots smiling at me. Upon closer examination, this is what I found.

So, do you think it's October? My daughter said that in college her computer professor said that they frequently had more computer glitches in October than any other month...something about the earth's magnetism...hmmmmm Do you think the earth's magnetism is pulling the batting through?? :P

post--1346190712126_thumb.jpg

I am working on a customer quilt now that had a thickly printed wide back and it looks like pokies but may just be the ragged holes of the poor quality fabric and large holes. The thick dye or sizing seems to have made the holes not able to close up, so the fabric looks a bit frayed and I can see bits of batting...if I look closely. I think a shake or two after it is off the frame will help. Junky fabric is no fun!

Originally posted by njquiltergirl

may just be the ragged holes of the poor quality fabric and large holes. The thick dye or sizing seems to have made the holes not able to close up, so the fabric looks a bit frayed and I can see bits of batting...Junky fabric is no fun!

I've seen this many times too. and "gasp" when the needle snags a thread from the top and pulls it as it goes through, looks like a nylon running, due to lesser quality fabric and usually black prints. :o

Archived